Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It is because no one cares about the first 16. Everyone knows those. Everyone cares about the last 10.

Villanova fans aren't going to care to watch someone project them as a 2-seed. If they actually care, they can see it on Twitter later.

Seton Hall fans would all be interested in seeing if they project to make it in as a 11 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Title_BU View Post
    It is because no one cares about the first 16. Everyone knows those. Everyone cares about the last 10.

Villanova fans aren't going to care to watch someone project them as a 2-seed. If they actually care, they can see it on Twitter later.

Seton Hall fans would all be interested in seeing if they project to make it in as a 11 though.
    You're only sort of right. The NCAA Tournament, at least to an extent, is like the Olympics in that you get people who love watching it and look forward to it, but don't really know anything about the teams or about college basketball outside of that event because they don't watch it or follow it at any other point. Most people who watch gymnastics during the Olympics and enjoy watching it couldn't tell you who the sixteen best gymnasts are outside of the two weeks every four years that the Olympics is going on.

People will definitely watch this. Most diehard fans (and anyone who posts on a message board probably falls into that category) don't understand that many people who watch the tournament probably couldn't tell you who the sixteen best teams are right now. I think CBS understands that non diehard fans still love the tournament, and they love the brackets, and they will watch a show that reveals the top sixteen teams from the committee and then has a bracket expert (Jerry Palm) fill out the rest of it. We're all diehard fans. It may not do a whole lot for us. But for casual fans, or for those who aren't even casual fans but still love the tournament, a lot of them will watch, and a lot of them will watch it without really knowing how good all the teams are before they watch it. It may not do anything or make any sense to the diehard fans, but diehards are not the only ones that watch the tournament.
    Last edited by xubrew; 01-27-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Any thoughts in this today? Just saw it.

Tidbits:

-UC not one of top 16.
    -Jerry Palm filled out the rest of bracket after top 4 seeds with his projections. Had X 6 seed, the 3 seed was Fl. I'd take that, they are by far weakest 3 seed.
    -Nova overall #1 seed.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

It was pretty much exactly what I thought it would be. A bracket on TV.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

UC will get a nice bump with a win today. It's their last chance to make an impression until the conference tournament (SMU again), but it's a big one.