Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Is this a guess or actual line?
    Sorry, guess. Actual line will probably be released tomorrow evening.

Thinking it will be X - 3 1/2 or -4.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Thinking it will be X - 3 1/2 or -4.
    Not a chance in HELL! You honestly think Xavier will be a 2 possession favorite? Anyway, the overall consensus on the board has been about UC (-4). I actually think the line will be a little tighter. Probably UC favored by 1.5 - 3. Just an educated guess. We'll find out in about 24 hours.
    White sheets. Yellow tape. Closed case. Zip 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheMack View Post
    Not a chance in HELL! You honestly think Xavier will be a 2 possession favorite? Anyway, the overall consensus on the board has been about UC (-4). I actually think the line will be a little tighter. Probably UC favored by 1.5 - 3. Just an educated guess. We'll find out in about 24 hours.
    Sorry - meant that X would be getting the points.

XU @ UC Betting Line

Yahoo has it opening at UC -3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Yahoo has it opening at UC -3.5.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see that line tick upwards in the next few hours, even into early tomorrow morning. The betting public, aka the dumb $, will see UC's record, their higher ranking, playing at home, and have Xavier's recent three game skid fresh in their minds. All of that will lead to an inordinate amount of the public $ placed on UC to cover. When/if that line gets up around 5 or more, then the sharks move in.
    White sheets. Yellow tape. Closed case. Zip 'em up.

Vegas and KenPom seem to be eerily aligned these days.

KenPom has UC winning 70-64. UC -6 and total of 134.

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    Vegas and KenPom seem to be eerily aligned these days.

KenPom has UC winning 70-64. UC -6 and total of 134.
    Vegas has it -3 1/2 UC but no o/u yet. Xavier will win though. Just better with the better players.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Vegas has it -3 1/2 UC but no o/u yet. Xavier will win though. Just better with the better players.
    I like your confidence. I sure as hell hope you're right, I'm more nervous for this one than I've been in a few years. I just don't know what to make of our team yet, I haven't seen them put together a complete game yet, and until then, I'm always going to be weary.

XU @ UC Betting Line

Well that escalated quickly, I go back to sportsinsights and now it's UC -6. Can't wait to see % of bets placed on each side and line movement. Just for some perspective...

X was +4.5 @ Baylor, +8 @ Nova and +4 @ Butler.

If the line goes up from 6, I will be surprised. But if it does...I will likely layoff betting the points and just put a smaller wager on the X Money line. Be happy to throw down a few dollars on X at over 2/1 odds against a team they have owned in recent history.