Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Thankfully they don't need a 2-hour show to release a 16-team list.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    From a programming perspective, it's ingenious.

There is some sort of intrinsic excitement when it comes to brackets, even among people that are just casual fans at best. I can't really explain why, but I can't really explain Christmas either. There is something intrinsic about it and when see the lights and the decorations they kind of get caught up in it. I've thought for a long time that a really easy way for CBS/Turner, or ESPN, or both to create a show that's unbelievably easy to produce and that tons of people would watch is to have a half hour every Sunday night where they reveal that week's bracket projections before they just post it online. That's basically what this is, only the real selection committee is coming up with the top four lines.

I kind of like it. Tons of people will watch this half hour show, and it gives us a pretty good checkpoint of where teams currently stand, at least when it comes to the top four seeds.
    And I agree with all of that. And especially from a corporate stand point, it's a good move. Basketball is light years behind football in terms of marketing. I just selfishly love the originality of Selection Sunday. X needs to get some wins here so they make the cut and I'm not bummed out every time they do this

From a programming perspective, it's ingenious.
    So is Keeping Up With the Kardashians. It's still dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    So is Keeping Up With the Kardashians. It's still dumb.
    Well, don't watch it then. Tons of other people will watch. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets higher ratings than the actual games do that day.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Well, don't watch it then. Tons of other people will watch. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets higher ratings than the actual games do that day.
    I won't. And I agree on the ratings. It will still probably lose to four different versions of Real Housewives that day.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    To me the committee will really regret this (if they had a choice) because there are going to be some many more questions and second guessing about why this team moved this far or this team didnt from thew Feb bracket. They will need to give a lot more insight into what moves teams and how much conference tourneys really mean etc. Might be good for fans and teams because sometimes it seems their reasoning's and the things they look at arent really all that understood. Maybe they don't care about the extra questions or criticisms.

I think it is dumb from the stand point that so much will change but I get that it will probably create more buzz and get more eyeballs on college bball for a time.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

To be fair, if I were on the committee I'd be against releasing it. But I'm not, so therefore I am for releasing it.

Every year they go through the exercise of coming up with a seed list right about at that point anyway. In the past people have complained about how they did not release it. Now that they are releasing it people are complaining that they shouldn't release it. Others will also undoubtedly complain about how they're only releasing the top sixteen. I really don't think it matters either way, nor do I think it changes anything. Why do it?? Well, my answer to that is why not do it?? It doesn't really matter either way.

They meet every week from the first week of the season on (albeit online) and give reports on the leagues that they're in charge of monitoring, and answer questions from the other members. Some in the media have said they want them to release what they talked about in those meetings. But, if they did that other people will say they shouldn't be doing that. I guess they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    This is dumb.

I'll be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    This is dumb.

I'll be watching.
    Hahaha exactly my stance

I can't really explain Christmas either.
    Baby Jesus was born. What are you, a heathen Bearcat fan?
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."