Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Season is Clearly Over.... (latest bracketology)

Link

For all those calling this a bubble team.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I think it's just the different perspectives compared to this year from last and the expectations coming into the year. I'm not going to lie, Lunardi and a couple others have defended X quite a bit and I've been surprised. Not that I'm mad about it, I just still don't think they're playing that well. The resume isn't all that great by any means right now. Clemson is not helping. Would be big if Wake were to beat Duke this weekend.

And at this point, yeah they're in. But if they continue to go the entire year without any marquee wins, then it's gonna be a stressful Sunday. Having said that, X has historically done well as a 6 seed and it's one of the better ones to have in order to advance to the 2nd weekend so I wouldn't be upset with it. But anything less than that and having to play a Top 2 in the 2nd round would be wildly disappointing for this year again

Junior
    If they continue down the path, they are fine. Wouldn't be worried at all about making the tournament....but, continue the path and throw in 2-3 bad losses and they'd be in trouble.

Sophomore
    It's been a rocky season so far but this team has enough talent to do some damage in March. Survive the Big East gauntlet, get into the dance and see what kind of run they can put together. That's the thing with the NCAA Tourney - if you get the right draw a deep run is quite feasible.

I don't think we'll be sweating a bid on Selection Sunday. But if we don't pick up some more quality wins I'd be concerned about falling to the 8/9 seed line.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Link

DC Muskie's favorite team would be facing Xavier.

Oh wait, wrong Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    I don't think we'll be sweating a bid on Selection Sunday. But if we don't pick up some more quality wins I'd be concerned about falling to the 8/9 seed line.
    Well, we have no shortage of opportunities starting with Thursday night. Time for the team to make some things happen.

Clearly, this team has not reached it's potential but I think Mack will bring them around. Playing in the BE is like running a gauntlet. Tough, brutal realities.No off days allowed.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Link

Looks about right.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Not to go off on a tangent, but could someone explain Arkansas to me? I get that he's trying to guess the selection committee, so this isn't so much what he thinks, but rather what he thinks other people are going to think. That being said, how could anyone think, or think that someone else will think, that Arkansas is good??

Everyone seems to love them. They have a win at home against Houston who's likely an NIT team and that's basically their entire profile.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White