Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by muskieindent View Post
    This is a game that freshman usually are no factor.Need upper classmen to step up.I think Caupain and Johnson could be difference makers for UC.Two seniors who have never beaten X
    If Kevin Johnson beats X, then X deserves to lose.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    The chances of them getting a 2 seed with a win are very, very low.
    Yeah. It's possible but need a ton to happen. They are having trouble moving up rankings as it is due to the weak schedule, a loss to X kills that 2 seed chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    If Kevin Johnson beats X, then X deserves to lose.
    Kevin Johnson is trash. For every made basket he has, 5 straight bricks follow it. I agree ha, if he's the guy that beats em then we have more problems than I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Yeah. It's possible but need a ton to happen. They are having trouble moving up rankings as it is due to the weak schedule, a loss to X kills that 2 seed chance.
    Again hypothetically, IF they should lose tomorrow, win out and finish 31-3, they would most certainly have the best record in the country (- Gonzaga). It would be hard to argue a 31-3 UC team not being ranked at least 8. No way losing to X hurts them in any way.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Again hypothetically, IF they should lose tomorrow, win out and finish 31-3, they would most certainly have the best record in the country (- Gonzaga). It would be hard to argue a 31-3 UC team not being ranked at least 8. No way losing to X hurts them in any way.
    Yes but I'm not sure you understand how seeding works.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    Kevin Johnson is trash. For every made basket he has, 5 straight bricks follow it. I agree ha, if he's the guy that beats em then we have more problems than I thought
    I swear I'll drink myself into a coma if Kevin Johnson is the reason we lose tomorrow. Capuain or whatever? Okay sure, but Johnson. Good lord.

I think UC's chances of getting a #2 seed even if they win out are pretty much zero. I know the committee changes a little bit each year, but as recently as 2014 Louisville (an AAC team at the time) finished the regular season with 30 wins and ranked #4th in the nation. They got a #4 seed, and we learned that they actually got the last #4 seed.

To get a #1 seed you typically need to win a true road game against a protected seed. To get a #2 seed you at least need to beat multiple teams away from home that are in the top half of the bracket. UC will not do this even if they win out. Beating us at home is a decent win at best. It certainly isn't the kind of win that would land a team on the #2 line. We're 1-4 in true road games, and our best win of the year is probably against Clemson.

Teams like Villanova, Kentucky, Baylor, Kansas, Virginia, Arizona, Gonzaga, North Carolina (well if you count Clemson), and Florida State who all have multiple wins away from home against teams that are likely to make the tournament, and with the exception of North Carolina all have multiple wins away from home against teams that are likely to be the better seeded team in the Round of 64. On top of that, all of them have chances to pick up even more before it's over. UC does not. There's almost no chance that they are going to catch those teams even if they win out. Hell, I don't think of Butler as being a #2 seed, but they did beat Cincinnati and they have far more wins against the top half of the bracket than UC does, so it's hard for me to imagine UC ends up with a better seed than Butler even if they win out.

In short, no, I don't think they'll be a #2 seed.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White