View Poll Results: What Is Most Embarrassing?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bankruptcy

2 8.33%
  • STD

0 0%
  • High School Band Photo

2 8.33%
  • John Thompson III

1 4.17%
  • Still DePaul

7 29.17%
  • Mick Cronin In Love

12 50.00%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Xavier is still 15th in RPI.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    And I think we remain ranked b/c of some of this. Does anyone really think we're a Top 25 team right now? We have very few quality wins.....and of course no really bad losses either.
    I keep saying that to myself as well. And I don't expect them to be ranked when they come out today. But then again, Seth Davis still had em at 22 last night which I couldn't believe. Not that I like him, but thought he would have been the first to drop them from the rankings. So we'll see.

KenPom says #27 and Sagarin says #25. I think those are about right. Being the 25th best team isn't bad, but it's not great either. Kind of like this team so far.

In the last few years as voters have posted their ballots/reasoning to Twitter more often, it's even more clear that the polls are so stupid (national recognition, etc. aside, but I'd argue XU is past the point of only being on the radar when ranked). Seth Davis and Rick Bozich are two that post their ballots every week, and clearly put about 5 minutes of thought into the rankings. I mean, Davis keeps #25 exclusively for a small conference team he feels deserves a shoutout. The polls are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    KenPom says #27 and Sagarin says #25. I think those are about right. Being the 25th best team isn't bad, but it's not great either. Kind of like this team so far.
    I would agree with you that KenPom and Sagarin are probably more accurate, but I think the NCAA Committee still uses RPI more than those two, or at least gives RPI more weight.

Brew, am I right or wrong?

I was definitely going for a gauge of how good the team actually is. Don't disagree that RPI is interesting for NCAA Tournament purposes, but I think that's the only thing it is useful for.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I was definitely going for a gauge of how good the team actually is. Don't disagree that RPI is interesting for NCAA Tournament purposes, but I think that's the only thing it is useful for.
    Which is really the only things that matters.

I agree the others seem to paint a more accurate picture of where teams rank but if RPI is more important for seeding I'd rather be ranked better there.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Don't disagree. But I don't think we're talking about where we should be seeded (as it is January 23rd). Rather, I think we're talking about how good this team is or is not.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    As to CMack, stop it already. If you want to criticize, you could criticize some of his personnel decisions lately like taking Quentin Goodin over Kobi Simmons or letting a kid like Brandon Randolph go, but you can't blame him for losing Jalen, James Farr, or Myles. Malcolm Bernard has been a breath of fresh air replacing Remy. Our young bench just has to get better too, through experience.
    Did we really take Quentin straight up over Kobi? I was under the impression he wasn't a realistic target.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Did we really take Quentin straight up over Kobi? I was under the impression he wasn't a realistic target.
    No. Don't think Chris Mack is in the business of actively choosing to not take on future NBA guards. That is definitely not how it happened. Kobi is very good friends with Kaiser, so X was definitely in the running but it wasn't like if Xavier passed on Q Kobi was just going to show up on campus.