Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Goodin

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Careful, you'll be called a stalker and admonished for putting other people down as a way to make yourself feel better about XU's subpar season (or something along those lines)!
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Are you really a Xavier fan? You always seem to be looking for every negative. Now I get there is not much positive going on now, but I looked back at all 93 posts you have and I am not sure you ever had a positive to say and seem to disappear when Xavier wins. It's interesting or maybe you are just a really negative guy. During Xavier's 4 game win streak prior to the losing streak, you were a ghost.
    Wow you looked at all 93 of my posts? You are a stalker!!. What would you say + about this years team? A few people have played up to par. The only person that has played perhaps better than expectations is Tre. But I expected him to play this well. You are satisfied with losing 5 in a row? Wow. I never thought there was a chance to miss NCAA even without Ed. But it seems we probably will. Maybe next year I will say something +

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Careful, you'll be called a stalker and admonished for putting other people down as a way to make yourself feel better about XU's subpar season (or something along those lines)!
    That's just you.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Nvm
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 02-28-2017 at 09:30 AM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Harryfe View Post
    Wow you looked at all 93 of my posts? You are a stalker!!. What would you say + about this years team? A few people have played up to par. The only person that has played perhaps better than expectations is Tre. But I expected him to play this well. You are satisfied with losing 5 in a row? Wow. I never thought there was a chance to miss NCAA even without Ed. But it seems we probably will. Maybe next year I will say something +
    Yes it's been a rough season, but there have been some positives. Where were you after the Creighton game on the road? Tyrique Jones was a redshirt candidate and had to play and has gotten better, Quentin Goodin was supposed to play 10 to 15 minutes a game but is instead playing 38 and is the only point guard, Gaston and Bernard were supposed to be bench role players and instead are starting. Edmond was our best player and he is out for the season. Did you expect miracles with everything this team has been through? Only thing I agree with all of your bashing is that I expected to see more improvement from Gates and O'Mara.

Freshman
    Yes it's been a rough season, but there have been some positives. Where were you after the Creighton game on the road? Tyrique Jones was a redshirt candidate and had to play and has gotten better, Quentin Goodin was supposed to play 10 to 15 minutes a game but is instead playing 38 and is the only point guard, Gaston and Bernard were supposed to be bench role players and instead are starting. Edmond was our best player and he is out for the season. Did you expect miracles with everything this team has been through? Only thing I agree with all of your bashing is that I expected to see more improvement from Gates and O'Mara.
    After that Creighton game,I started to think we'd be alright.Then Tre goes down and we can't seem to get that mojo back.Unfortunately we need guys who are more role players to step up.Hasn't happened enough these last 5 games

No miracles!! But Gooden and Jones are no better than I expected them to be. In fact I expected them both to be somewhat better. But perhaps they will be much better in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryfe View Post
    I would say that this team lost 2 of its top three players, and played 2.5 games without its top three players, and has struggled as a result. I would also say that I'm not satisfied with losing 5 in a row. When searching for reasons why this team has lost 5 in a row, I read my first sentence.

I also am optimistic this team will win tomorrow and at DePaul. It beats saying, "We stink. We're going to the NIT."
    Last edited by XU 87; 02-28-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I would say that this team lost 2 of its top three players, and played 2.5 games without its top three players, and has struggled as a result. I would also say that I'm not satisfied with losing 5 in a row. When searching for reasons why this team has lost 5 in a row, I read my first sentence.

I also am optimistic this team will tomorrow and at DePaul. It beats saying, "We stink. We're going to the NIT."
    This sounds more like someone I would actually want on MY team.

Quentin Goodin has won me over here in New York folks. He'll never be a knockdown shooter, but I believe he WILL work at it.

The kid impressed me the whole Tournament with his aggressiveness. I thought he played a superb game tonight. Great defense, active, driving the ball and finishing. I think that this Tournament was his Coming out Party. His confidence is growing and now we may be seeing the return of the player who folks saw in High School. The team is so much better for it. His work should not be overlooked.

Way to go Q. Way to bring it and progress!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Junior
    Completely agree- he had a really solid tournament. Only big critique I have (outside of his rough jump shooting) is towards the end of the game it looked like we had called an ISO for him. Pretty much no matter how good anyone is playing, in crunch time I want everything going to Tre (despite the fact that he missed a couple clutch free throws each game).