Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Goodin

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Hahaha yeah in hindsight I realize that sentence is a lot of ifs, I think really what I'm getting at is if his decision making improves, he has the tools. The length, the athleticism, some quickness. He was a top 100 recruit, so he's definitely got talent, all those things stem from decision making, which hopefully with less pressure to score channels him into a better all around floor general.
    As my dad used to say. "I am not overweight, but i am 3 inches too short."

Quote Originally Posted by XMann View Post
    Separated shoulder a terrible excuse. If the shoulder was that bad then he should've sat out instead of going 2/10 from the floor every night. Q just needs to embrace his skill set and drive to the hoop.
    I'd love to hear where you'd be getting the 30-35 minutes necessary to allow Q to sit out. That roster couldn't have supported his resting for several games in a row.
    Joel
    Banners on the Parkway - XU on SBN (Formerly Xavier Examiner)

Quote Originally Posted by Olsingledigit View Post
    As my dad used to say. "I am not overweight, but i am 3 inches too short."
    Sounds like: "I'm not bald, I'm just taller than my hair!"
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Spot on Joel,
    And impossible to replace the 149 assists with him sitting....XMann is clueless, a troll or both. Q played hurt most of the year.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 05-31-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I think really what I'm getting at is if his decision making improves...
    (along with Naji, Tyrique and Paul’s decision making), next season’s team will be at another level altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    ....A dependable shot from 15 foot would more valuable....
    Sadly, this is a lost art in basketball today at any level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I'd love to hear where you'd be getting the 30-35 minutes necessary to allow Q to sit out. That roster couldn't have supported his resting for several games in a row.
    i mean, didn't we already do that last year? q missed like 5 games and xavier won a few of those and played pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    i mean, didn't we already do that last year? q missed like 5 games and xavier won a few of those and played pretty well
    Yeah that’s fair, ignore the final 11 games that turned the season around. Goodin was playing over 37 mpg during that stretch. Are you all going to argue Xavier won in spite of Q?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    Yeah that’s fair, ignore the final 11 games that turned the season around. Goodin was playing over 37 mpg during that stretch. Are you all going to argue Xavier won in spite of Q?
    i'm not saying that at all, i'm just saying we did in fact find a way to cope without him for multiple games last year contrary to what joel was saying.

i'm very optimistic about q next year
    Last edited by scoscox; 05-31-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    (along with Naji, Tyrique and Paul’s decision making), next season’s team will be at another level altogether.
    Definitely everyone could improve it, I think Naji and Rique are a little bit ahead of our two guards at the moment, but I also think that's a bit easier to say when the offense doesn't run through them, as Steele said in his Q&A session he wanted Q's assist to turnover to lead the Big East, and he wanted Scruggs to be better in kick and drive situations, but didn't mention decision making for Rique and Naji, basically wants Rique to be better from the line, and be able to knock down some shots that are further than a couple feet away, etc. I think there's plenty of promise just because of the quality coming in, but again there's gonna be growing pains, I still however 100% believe anything less than an NCAA Tournament bid is a complete and utter failure with the way the off season schedule looks, and the way the Big East looks.