Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Goodin

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    In that article X is getting ready to play Arizona in Sweet 16 BUT what amazes me is this quote: "As No. 11 Xavier (23-13) " How was X 11th in the country with 13 losses???????
    11 seed

Junior
    It amazes me someone who posts as much as him can forget that run/seed. It was just two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    In that article X is getting ready to play Arizona in Sweet 16 BUT what amazes me is this quote: "As No. 11 Xavier (23-13) " How was X 11th in the country with 13 losses???????
    The 11th seed had the #1 badass grad transfer that year who wouldn’t let his team lose: He proved a Buick was indeed better than a Lexus.

”He said the Xavier and Arizona situation is like going from a Buick to a Lexus.”

-Kevin Parrom (Quoting what he was told by Sean Miller)
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-11-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Since everyone’s favorite musketeer announced his return, I’ve been wondering where he goes from here.
    I think he’ll have a better year for the simple reason that he won’t be asked to shoulder as much burden with the more talented roster coming in next season. The spacing will be better too with more shooters on this team, allowing him to drive more effectively. Also I’ve never had a problem with him taking threes when they were good looks, he just forced too much last year and his 3pt% reflected that.
    Next year has all the makings for a much improved team. Here’s to hoping for a big year from Q.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    Since everyone’s favorite musketeer announced his return, I’ve been wondering where he goes from here.
    I think he’ll have a better year for the simple reason that he won’t be asked to shoulder as much burden with the more talented roster coming in next season. The spacing will be better too with more shooters on this team, allowing him to drive more effectively. Also I’ve never had a problem with him taking threes when they were good looks, he just forced too much last year and his 3pt% reflected that.
    Next year has all the makings for a much improved team. Here’s to hoping for a big year from Q.
    I think we all learned last year that Q is not a shooter, and he's not a scorer. He's a distributor. I wondered last year if the staff was asking him to shoot more and score more, simply because that's what the team needed.

What effect does going through the NBA draft process have? For instance what if the message was: "You're good but you need to be a better shooter." But then coach says "We need you to shoot less and focus on distributing to the scorers."

Same could go for any of the guys that went through the process. If you're a player how do you reconcile conflicting messaging from scouts and NBA teams vs current coach?
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

Where's the conflict?

NBA Scouts: "You shoot like shit"

Xavier Coaches: "Actually, now that you mention it, it would help our team, too, if you sucked less at shooting."

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Where's the conflict?

NBA Scouts: "You shoot like shit"

Xavier Coaches: "Actually, now that you mention it, it would help our team, too, if you sucked less at shooting."
    Very funny Go, had I been drinking, there would be bourbon sprayed all over my laptop.

Totally agree with opening up the spacing. Like you said hopefully we answered the shooting problems with the players we brought in. Also not having to play (albeit limited) Hankins and Ty at the same time should help.

Malcolm Bernard or Semaj were never considered shooters, but each but up a solid season by keeping the attempts low. That’s what I hope Q can do because there was a good stretch last year where he was knocking down 3’s at a high rate.