Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    They should just call themselves "Xavier's gifted youngsters" and have Marvel sponsor them.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I thought they were very good for Creighton.
    They were better, no doubt. Frankly, we haven't had many great home games this year. We will see two more games where the crowd will be wild. Beyond Butler/Nova, I don't expect much.

Make Student Sections Great Again
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    What about Bob?

Attachment 2136
    Baby steps!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

They don't deserve a name until they stop cheering for the fucking Fr Graham sweater vest striptease.

Name the student section

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    They were better, no doubt. Frankly, we haven't had many great home games this year. We will see two more games where the crowd will be wild. Beyond Butler/Nova, I don't expect much.
    The beginning stretch of the Big East is during a holiday break for the students. It's hard to be critical when they aren't there a ton for the first half of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    They don't deserve a name until they stop cheering for the fucking Fr Graham sweater vest striptease.
    That group is called the Graham Crackers.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

The student section is awful. It's loaded with 18 year olds on their cell phones the entire game. The only time they actually get excited is when some new hip hop song that has a dance associated with it that no one above the age of 22 would know about comes on.

Color coordinate. Taunt the opposition. Stop acknowledging Fr. Graham.

That's all.

Spoiled Snowflakes?
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by wny08 View Post
    The student section has inexplicably been an embarrassment this year, obvious even from my far away nosebleed seats. They make little noise, chant few chants, exhibit no unity, demonstrate almost no understanding of the game or the student section's role in it. Oh, and for some reason they do virtually no color coordination. A far cry from even 2 or 3 years ago, and an even farther cry from 5-10 years ago.

I'd rather not go through the exercise of trying to think of an appropriate (mean and snarky) name for our school's ineffective student section, so I'll pass.
    It went downhill fast with the opening of University Station. This is no way to go through college. You're supposed to live in an old, rundown house with no insulation and the stale smell of beer ingrained into the woodwork.

Oh, and a landlord that doesn't do shit.
    zip em up