Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buck Futler

I am from Indy and have always been a Butler fan (of course a bigger fan of X). I don't believe that Butler has had near the number of "incidents" with players as X has. I imagine more outsiders look favorably upon Butler. But less favorably on such programs as UC, UK, UNC, Syracuse,, etc. The problems pointed out by Juice above have been problematic and it will take a few more years to get over "The Brawl". However I will be at Hinkle Saturday rooting strongly for the Muskies.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Overall I think Xavier's program does a good job policing its own but from an outsider perspective, the casual fan isn't going to read the details or get updates as the story plays out. But what they may remember is the Dez situation, Jalen's issue in the dorm right before the tourney, the brawl, JP's arrest, Myles' arrest, Lavender's "Fuck this white club" arrest, and some others. All of this stuff was pretty minor and/or turned out to have different facts than originally alleged but the program does have its shit.
    I don't think the "casual fan" remembers any of this aside from maybe Dez and Myles (just because its from this season).

Along with being altar boys have we had any techs this year.? Was Jp involved in a double tech? Has CM had one?

Quote Originally Posted by Harryfe View Post
    Along with being altar boys have we had any techs this year.? Was Jp involved in a double tech? Has CM had one?
    Gaston got a questionable one at the end of the Clemson game while X was shooting FT's. Other than that, we are way off the pace of the Jalen Reynolds era.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Muskie Pimp nods in approval
    I do. Just wish the fine was a larger amount.

The biggest issue I have with Butler, especially on Twitter as they are taking a "dayton-esque" "holier than thou" attitude that their program exhibits such class and their players never do anything wrong. This is ridiculous. dayton has started to have some players with more issues now that Archie is there, but they also win more. Funny how sometimes kids aren't perfect and if you recruit more talented kids, you may have some more issues. It usually comes with the territory. Doesn't mean they are bad kids, but sometimes make mistakes. Butler needs to remember that not everybody, person or program is perfect and get over themselves in that regard. Some of the vitriol on twitter directed at Myles goes way over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Gaston got a questionable one at the end of the Clemson game while X was shooting FT's. Other than that, we are way off the pace of the Jalen Reynolds era.
    I forgot about that one. Yeah, that was weird. He said he was talking to a teammate, but even if he was talking to the guy, it was an extreme reaction.

I am from Indy and have always been a Butler fan (of course a bigger fan of X). I don't believe that Butler has had near the number of "incidents" with players as X has. I imagine more outsiders look favorably upon Butler. But less favorably on such programs as UC, UK, UNC, Syracuse,, etc. The problems pointed out by Juice above have been problematic and it will take a few more years to get over "The Brawl". However I will be at Hinkle Saturday rooting strongly for the Muskies.
    explains it all to me.....

Sophomore
    Zip
    Em
    Up

They are a bunch of crybabies. I didn't realize how afraid of X they were until the mass faux outrage about Myles coming back before the Butler game. Hope we pound em.
    Last edited by Drew; 01-09-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Zip
    Em
    Up

They are a bunch of crybabies. I didn't realize how afraid of X they were until the mass faux outrage about Myles coming back before the Butler game. Hope we pound em.
    The "irony" here is that:

1. Myles has never been in any kind of trouble
    2. He was suspended for 1/2 the year. That's a long time
    3. isn't that what this is all about? In life you are going to make mistakes........so, learn from them and move on.