Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Maybe if Stan came out in a nice suit to accept his award instead of street clothing and a winter hat. Only Andy Mac had a suit on. I assume at the award banquet they all wore suits?
    It wasnt a suit, but other than the hat, the clothes were from a fitter/design company. Casual sure but he wasn't dressed like a bum and i wouldnt have urded the term street clothing. he had on shoes that were likely more expensive than almost anything I wear. Who the hell cares what they wore to the basketball game. And no they didn't all have suits on at the banquet.

Sophomore
    But no, he isnt close to having his number retired

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by KabeX View Post
    SB was one of my favorite players ever. BUT - the fact that we're even debating the question answers the question. When retiring a number there should be little or no debate/doubt about it. The numbers in the rafters currently fit that category.
    Agreed. There should be no debate about someone getting their number retired, that is when you know it is truly deserved

We all loved the transformation and contributions Stanley made. And traveling 2+days from Poland to be inducted is testimony to his loyalty to X.

Those at the banquet reported he reached out to Sean about ending on a sour note, something I had never heard.

But no, way too many more qualified for jersey number retirement.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Sophomore
    Agree with the thought that Steve Thomas' number should be retired after averaging over 30 ppg his junior year. WITHOUT A THREE POINT SHOT! Fun to watch; senior year cut short by leg injury. One of X's best ever.

i reside in the murky dreams of drug addled women.
    I'd retire Sato and Derrick Brown in a They were too good to stay in Dayton ceremony.

i reside in the murky dreams of drug addled women.
    Also, loved seeing Posey's Posse -Burrell brew Crew?- break out the Hammer hard hats kickin' it old school.

Quote Originally Posted by The Coz View Post
    Also, loved seeing Posey's Posse -Burrell brew Crew?- break out the Hammer hard hats kickin' it old school.
    IMG_1290.jpg