Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    I don't have a need to justify losing by 25. To me, losing by 6 and losing by 25 are the same. If anyone is worried about the team's psyche, I give the players and coaching staff more credit than that. X was a 2 seed last year after losing at Villanova by 30 and went on a run that included beating Villanova at home (one of 3 teams to beat them in the calendar year).

They didn't hit shots last night.
    Totally agree
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    What did everyone think of Jay Wright's postgame remarks? He said something like he admires that X goes guns blazing when they're losing and tries to make the big plays and either run you out o fthe gym or get run out of the gym.
    I took it that he's a good dude and a coach-speak devotee, which means he's going to come to the post-game presser and praise X even as his team throttled us; and to make it sound credible, he can't come out and say, "wow, they're just fantastic." because we all see the score. So he comes up with a way to basically say, "they're great. don't fall for the score." the school and program up there is just pretty much all class.

I have zero idea why our shooting %, especially 3's, sucked last night.
    And I shouldn't take any consolation from the following, but I do:

#15 X goes into #3's house and loses by 25.
    #1 Baylor goes into #10's house, and loses by 21.

Crap happens. I hope we are better than we showed. We sure have the chances coming up to prove it.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I have zero idea why our shooting %, especially 3's, sucked last night.

#1 Baylor goes into #10's house, and loses by 21.
    But Vegas called that one, i Dont know how they do it

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    They consult with the firm of Nigel & Go, Inc.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

"I think they play the game to win, and not to stay close," Wright said when asked for his opinion about the Musketeers' struggles at the Pavilion. "You can sense some teams, when they get down, they'll hang... When (Xavier) gets down, they're going for broke. They're gonna shoot three's. They're going to come after you. They're going to speed it up. And if it works, good. But if it doesn't, it looks bad. I respect that... That's how they beat us out there (last season at Cintas Center)."

Here is what Jay Wright said, in full. I dont think it was meant as any sort of backhanded knock or dig, its just that we go for broke, and it either results in an impressive win, or a really ugly loss without much inbetween

Here is what Jay Wright said, in full. I dont think it was meant as any sort of backhanded knock or dig, its just that we go for broke, and it either results in an impressive win, or a really ugly loss without much inbetween
    I completely agree with every thing he said. It's actually one of the main reasons X has been so enjoyable the last year and a half when they're on. Mack preaches not taking the foot off the pedal and I think that's what Jay's talking about. Granted last night they stupid shots and just simply played bad. But that mentality and aggressiveness he's talking about scares the lights outta anyone in March if they get hot.... Can also lead to 1st round exit if they go cold

Sophomore
    They called X v Nova, too.

I don't have an issue with launching 32 threes. I love it, but make the extra pass, drive and dish, etc. Give your team the best chance to make it.

Sophomore
    a lot of the 3s were pretty open (which is fine obviously), but some were quick and would have been nice to get the ball in the lane more, whether by driving or by passing it inside to a big.