Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I think if we make our threes we win. We can't shoot like we did against Missouri. Also, I think we need at least two to play really well between Sumner, JP, and Trevon
    "We went out there and zipped 'em up at the end of the game. That's our motto zip 'em up."

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Musketeers View Post
    I think if we make our threes we win. We can't shoot like we did against Missouri. Also, I think we need at least two to play really well between Sumner, JP, and Trevon
    Road wins are difficult. UC will make te NCAA tourney. Can X win on road in very hostile and sold out arena?
    Not yet this year. Not sure if any road game for X has been sold out.
    It is UC's super bowl. X "might" come out poor shooting.

I think X loses by 5-7.
    Hope I am wrong.

BE, X is capable of losing maybe 3-4 games and getting a top 3-4 seed. We shall see.

I think we're the better team, and so I think we win. I honestly don't look at this game as so much a "road" game because it's a completely different animal than going away to play another team in the Big East or Baylor.

We are dependent on two of the 3 of Bluiett, Sumner, and Macura having good nights. If all three have a good night, then we win and it's probably not close. If those of the three do, then I think we have a slight edge. Honestly, I think this is where Myles helps us the most if he should be back for this one. I think he adds some scoring to take the pressure off those three a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Road wins are difficult. UC will make te NCAA tourney. Can X win on road in very hostile and sold out arena?
    Not yet this year. Not sure if any road game for X has been sold out.
    It is UC's super bowl. X "might" come out poor shooting.

I think X loses by 5-7.
    Hope I am wrong.

BE, X is capable of losing maybe 3-4 games and getting a top 3-4 seed. We shall see.
    Shocked you have us losing.....

And you're way, way off on your BE prediction.......if we only lose 3-4 game in the BE, we'll have a TOP 10 RPI and we ranked in the Top 10. That's a 2-3 seed at worst

I agree with the assessment that if our threes fall we should win this game. However, there isn't much of a mention here of Myles. If Myles has a few games under his belt and nails 3-4 big threes in this game and we get Sumner/JP/Trevon playing decent, XU should win this.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Shocked you have us losing.....

And you're way, way off on your BE prediction.......if we only lose 3-4 game in the BE, we'll have a TOP 10 RPI and we ranked in the Top 10. That's a 2-3 seed at worst
    If we lose 4 more BE games, at UC and in the big east tournament then we would be looking at 3/4. Probably a 4. (8 losses).

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    If we lose 4 more BE games, at UC and in the big east tournament then we would be looking at 3/4. Probably a 4. (8 losses).
    You say a 4 and I say a 3.....we shall see.

8 losses would mean anywhere from 24-27 wins

I don't think this happens anyway......but fun to think about
    Last edited by bleedXblue; 01-05-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I agree with the assessment that if our threes fall we should win this game. However, there isn't much of a mention here of Myles. If Myles has a few games under his belt and nails 3-4 big threes in this game and we get Sumner/JP/Trevon playing decent, XU should win this.
    UC has won a game where an opponent made 17 3's... and they did that because they generated TO and because they shoot so well from 2.

Kenpom has them ranked one spot higher then us. And they adjust for competition. Like it or not UC has a much improved offense with Evans, caupain, Washington, Clark and even jarron Cumberland with the ability to put up big numbers on us.

We will need to play good defense and try to confuse them with the 1-3-1 . Rebounding is crucial as well. They allow a lot offensive boards so we need to grab them all and convert.

I think they end up sticking Evans on sumner, they are the same size and Evans can really guard. I think it will be a great game. What scares me is UC looks like they have much better team chemistry than we do at the moment. I think we could change that but right now it's still a work in progress

"Throw everything out the window for this game.......has anyone been watching for the last 20 years? Its almost always a battle (literally LOL) and the best team (on paper) doesn't always win. I like X simply because we will be more battle tested and hopefully we will have Myles back up to speed as well." - BleedXUBlue

Thanks BleedX, valuable insights from KenPom and posters, but just throw all that shit out the window. UC has some talent and some depth this year - and home field advantage. The only thing I see as close to certain is that this will be one hellofa game!
    Last edited by xdude; 01-05-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Junior
    As long as Mick is the coach (and lets hope he is for a VERY long time) I won't be worried with UC offense. Same team different names. Athletic, can play good defense and rebound and offensively challenged. Best case for UC (as always) is to muck it up and have both teams play really sloppy. In a rivalry game, that has a real chance of happening.