Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uniforms

Junior

Uniforms

Watching parts of the Marquette Georgetown game last night. Both have new sharp uniforms, as they seem to have every year. Meanwhile, X who is also a Nike school has the same generic uniforms year after year. Now, before anyone says it, winning is more important than what you wear, but it is curious that some teams are treated much different than others

Xavier's, while they've only undergone slight changes since their introduction in 2010, are actually not generic. X is at the level of Nike deal that they have a customized look -- no one else has the same font or giant X pattern (obviously) on the shorts. Teams like Dayton and Northern Iowa are wearing the generic Nike template this season. GTown and Marquette are Jordan brand, which seemingly (UNC excepted) updates much more frequently and radically.

I believe X is due for a change next season. Not sure they'll go with a complete overhaul, but you'll at least see them with the new Nike cut a lot of teams are wearing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Watching parts of the Marquette Georgetown game last night. Both have new sharp uniforms, as they seem to have every year.
    Previous Discussion Marquette & Georgetown Uniforms
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Xavier's, while they've only undergone slight changes since their introduction in 2010, are actually not generic. X is at the level of Nike deal that they have a customized look -- no one else has the same font or giant X pattern (obviously) on the shorts. Teams like Dayton and Northern Iowa are wearing the generic Nike template this season. GTown and Marquette are Jordan brand, which seemingly (UNC excepted) updates much more frequently and radically.

I believe X is due for a change next season. Not sure they'll go with a complete overhaul, but you'll at least see them with the new Nike cut a lot of teams are wearing this year.
    Agreed.. both of those teams just happen to be Jordan brand which is always going to flux. I actually couldn't stand the skinny sleeve ones Marquette was wearing at the beginning of the year. Think all Jordan teams had em. Nova just won a title and I don't think there's are any different. I do like seeing some cool changes, just not sure how many years that takes.

On another note.. someone needs to help Ed on his shoe selection haha. The ones he had on last night were gross

I like our regular white uniforms. Lots of class.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

The mesh pattern on the back is a pretty recent change. I like it a lot, and I hear the players do too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Georgetown and Marquette are a Nike uniform brand above ours because they have been to the final 4
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Watching parts of the Marquette Georgetown game last night. Both have new sharp uniforms, as they seem to have every year. Meanwhile, X who is also a Nike school has the same generic uniforms year after year. Now, before anyone says it, winning is more important than what you wear, but it is curious that some teams are treated much different than others
    Two words: Jordan Brand

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Georgetown and Marquette are a Nike uniform brand above ours because they have been to the final 4
    I don't think that has anything to do with it. They're Jordan brand. The shoes and uniforms are completely different than what Duke and Syracuse get. Yes the Jordan brand is related/part of Nike, but they operate as separate entities. Similar examples would be that Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony have shoe deals with Jordan brand while Kyrie Irving and Lebron James have Nike deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I don't think that has anything to do with it. They're Jordan brand. The shoes and uniforms are completely different than what Duke and Syracuse get. Yes the Jordan brand is related/part of Nike, but they operate as separate entities. Similar examples would be that Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony have shoe deals with Jordan brand while Kyrie Irving and Lebron James have Nike deals.
    What I'd like to understand is how Nike looks at this and ultimately ends up profiting from the sponsorship? I get Georgetown and their brand........but Marquette is a head scratcher to me........