Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ....and the subtext kicker:

"Where will you be sitting for the next Xavier Moment?"

Not likely in the same seat you were five seasons ago unless you pony up.

Xavier ticket demand is sky high these days, so the instinct to monetize support makes market driven economic sense. And yet.....

I'm seeing lots of empty seats in big college arenas, and I don't have to look much outside Ohio for the evidence. What happens when real basketball fans and loyal long time supporters get displaced by bandwagon enthusiasts with big bucks, then the team hits a rough patch, the economy goes south, or the cache of "seeing and being seen" wears off? Empty seats. Abandoned seat plans.

I'm hoping Xavier doesn't get a bite in the ass five years from now with the "what have you done for me lately" strategy.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Was this when Steel Balls was coined? If not, it easily could have been.
    I want to say it was the Kansas State tourney game when he sank the 3 FT's to send it to OT.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    ....and the subtext kicker:

"Where will you be sitting for the next Xavier Moment?"

Not likely in the same seat you were five seasons ago unless you pony up.

Xavier ticket demand is sky high these days, so the instinct to monetize support makes market driven economic sense. And yet.....

I'm seeing lots of empty seats in big college arenas, and I don't have to look much outside Ohio for the evidence. What happens when real basketball fans and loyal long time supporters get displaced by bandwagon enthusiasts with big bucks, then the team hits a rough patch, the economy goes south, or the cache of "seeing and being seen" wears off? Empty seats. Abandoned seat plans.

I'm hoping Xavier doesn't get a bite in the ass five years from now with the "what have you done for me lately" strategy.
    Hello wet blanket! Merry christmas to you too.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Tu was so clutch. "Guys, hop on my back, I got this."
    Probably my favorite x player ever. We need a couple of guys with this kind of attitude again...the never say die hop on my back not going to lose this effing game attitude.