Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I was talking to a buddy yesterday and Mack and staffs track record lately of getting high caliber transfers has been pretty poor. Abel was decent. Bernard is ok. Gaston is ok. Nothing really to get excited about. Creighton has two tomorrow that are very likely going to be All Big East selections.
    Stainbrook was pretty good.

I was talking to a buddy yesterday and Mack and staffs track record lately of getting high caliber transfers has been pretty poor. Abel was decent. Bernard is ok. Gaston is ok. Nothing really to get excited about. Creighton has two tomorrow that are very likely going to be All Big East selections.
    Because we get high caliber recruits. No one is going to transfer here to not play and sit behind existing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Because we get high caliber recruits. No one is going to transfer here to not play and sit behind existing players.
    That's funny, both Gaston and Bernard are starting.......

That's funny, both Gaston and Bernard are starting.......
    Yes but they didn't come here to be stars and become the focal point of the team. You can sell that at other schools who have big holes in their roster. And if Myles didn't eff up in the off season, Malcolm would arguably be the 6th man.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Yes but they didn't come here to be stars and become the focal point of the team. You can sell that at other schools who have big holes in their roster. And if Myles didn't eff up in the off season, Malcolm would arguably be the 6th man.
    I'm not buying your reasoning at all. Good D1 players looking for a better situation or fit think they can play anywhere. We're Xavier, not Duke or UK. We've not had THAT much talent in place the last 3-4 years to nab some better talented transfers. Hell, we have Semaj (a fringe NBA talent) in the league and that's it. It's really been since Crawford that we got a really high level transfer. Stain was from Central Michigan. Yes, a nice transfer but not that coveted. Drew Lavendar before Crawford. My only point is its been quite some time that we had a guy transfer in that helped immediately in a big way.

I'm not buying your reasoning at all. Good D1 players looking for a better situation or fit think they can play anywhere. We're Xavier, not Duke or UK. We've not had THAT much talent in place the last 3-4 years to nab some better talented transfers. Hell, we have Semaj (a fringe NBA talent) in the league and that's it. It's really been since Crawford that we got a really high level transfer. Stain was from Central Michigan. Yes, a nice transfer but not that coveted. Drew Lavendar before Crawford. My only point is its been quite some time that we had a guy transfer in that helped immediately in a big way.
    Having Lavender, Crawford, and Stain all within the last decade puts X right up there with anyone as far as stud transfers, I'd argue.

I kinda see this as a good thing. Obviously if a game changer falls into your lap like Crawford you take that every time, but IMO it's better to build through recruiting. Creighton needed to patch up their recruiting (which has since really taken off, see Justin Patton and the guys they have coming in next year) to get to a BE level, so they were an attractive landing spot, and it worked out really really well with a couple of guys.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Having Lavender, Crawford, and Stain all within the last decade puts X right up there with anyone as far as stud transfers, I'd argue.

I kinda see this as a good thing. Obviously if a game changer falls into your lap like Crawford you take that every time, but IMO it's better to build through recruiting. Creighton needed to patch up their recruiting (which has since really taken off, see Justin Patton and the guys they have coming in next year) to get to a BE level, so they were an attractive landing spot, and it worked out really really well with a couple of guys.
    Agree with all of this.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17