Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If we can win 4 or 5 combined from Georgetown and Creighton, I'd be perfectly fine with Xavier dropping 3 at St. John's and saving their two wins over the Johnnies for Omaha.
    I'm never fine with being swept in any series. I am fine with us winning 5 vs Creighton & GTown. I am also fine with us taking 2 from Johnnies in where "They don't Coast. "
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Creighton has won ten straight - they're going to be very tough at home.

Xavier gets #6 Kentucky tonight in Lexington. Brad Kirschner gets the nod for Xavier.

Not surprisingly, Kentucky took care of Xavier 6-0 (though it was 1-0 at the seventh inning stretch). Creighton survived 4-3 in 10 against a terrible Wichita State team setting up this weekend's three game set. A series win would be very sweet.

Xavier Baseball 2017

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Not surprisingly, Kentucky took care of Xavier 6-0 (though it was 1-0 at the seventh inning stretch). Creighton survived 4-3 in 10 against a terrible Wichita State team setting up this weekend's three game set. A series win would be very sweet.
    1-0 in the Top of the 7th. X had the bases loaded but flew out to end the inning. After that it was she wrote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Of the 3 games played this weekend, Sunday's finale will be the one to show up on the Big East Digital Network.

Next week, they play at St. John's - they actually televise a number of their home games on ESPN3 for some reason.

It looks like Creighton's website will have a stream of tonight's and tomorrow night's games as well:

Live Video - GoCreighton.com

Would be great if Zac Lowther can prove he is the cream of the Big East pitching crop tonight and lead Xavier to a series-opening win.

Xavier won the opener 2-1 thanks to a solo homer by Rylon Bannon in the 9th.

Judging by the forecast, it's conceivable that they might not get any games in tomorrow or Sunday b/c of steady rain in Omaha. Not sure if they'd try to make any games up on Monday or some other date if that happens.

Xavier swept Creighton. Granted, turned out to only be a one game series.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Xavier won the opener 2-1 thanks to a solo homer by Rylon Bannon in the 9th.

Judging by the forecast, it's conceivable that they might not get any games in tomorrow or Sunday b/c of steady rain in Omaha. Not sure if they'd try to make any games up on Monday or some other date if that happens.
    That was a crazy storm going thru Denver. 7 inches of snow on my lawn yesterday. Today? Gone. Gorgeous.
    2023 Sweet 16