Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    39 pitches in first 2 innings.
    Looks like a lot of people there. Just out for a game?
    They've got Xavier painted on the grass in front of the dugouts. Do we play there a lot?

Edit: I'd love to get one of those ball caps with Big East on the back. Did not see them in the bookstore last visit.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

This Lowther kid is legit.

Xavier Baseball 2017

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    This Lowther kid is legit.
    Early guess is he goes top 3 rounds in the draft this year.

Could continue to jump.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    39 pitches in first 2 innings.
    Looks like a lot of people there. Just out for a game?
    They've got Xavier painted on the grass in front of the dugouts. Do we play there a lot?

Edit: I'd love to get one of those ball caps with Big East on the back. Did not see them in the bookstore last visit.
    Would love on answer on that as well. Is our stadium being renovated.
    X A V I E R

Nice finish!
    X A V I E R

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    After taking 2 of 3 against Seton Hall over the weekend, Xavier walloped Cincinnati 9-1 in the opener of the Joe Nuxhall Classic yesterday. They play Miami at 3 PM today for their first championship in this event since it started in 2009 (which Xavier also won). They already split their season series with Miami.

Huge series for Xavier this weekend against Butler. Only the top 4 in the league make it to the Big East Tournament, and since Xavier failed so miserably at Villanova in their opening weekend, it makes it that much more important that Xavier wins series from the other decent Big East teams. Job well done against Seton Hall last week. Now Butler, who is 23-13. They're only 2-4 in the Big East, but that's because they had to play St. John's last week and got swept (likely to be a regular occurrence for Johnny opponents). This is a team Xavier needs to get 2 of 3 from at a minimum at home to stay on pace to get to Omaha for the Big East Tournament.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Xavier has lost only 2 home games all year - the odds are in their favor for now.

St. John's and Creighton are both solidly Top 4 for now, and there's no guarantee that Villanova will stay near the top, either. Seton Hall is the team that's really sweating things out because they lost 2 of 3 at home to Butler a couple of weeks ago.

Creighton will be 5-4 after this weekend is my guess. And Villanova may not win another Big East game (other than against Georgetown), which will be a problem for Xavier as all the other teams beat up on them.

Nevermind on Creighton. For some reason I thought they were playing St. John's this weekend. They'll likely be 8-1 after the 3 games with Villanova.

And Seton Hall will probably get three wins over Georgetown, putting even more pressure on Xavier to win the Butler series.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 04-21-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Butler's Jeff Schank came into today's contest with a gaudy 1.31 ERA in 62 innings pitched, and he was staked to a 3-0 lead after 3.5. The Muskies have rallied to take a 6-3 lead with 6 earned runs against the Butler senior. Lowther wasn't on his game today (pulled after 3 ER in 4 innings), but his offense picked him up. Now it's up to the pen.