Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    no, we on this board just have idiotic comments from xukeith
    Well, there's that too.

Quentin Scruggs JP Kaiser Sean with Tyrique Naji Elias Ridder off the bench and probably some sort of 5th year transfer next year. I'd say the outlook next year is a 4-9 seed. I'll gladly take that as "rebuilding"

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Totally agree or next year is a complete rebuilding year. Kaiser Gates gaining 3-4 inches of height and 30 pounds of muscle would help.
    I think it depends on if Tre returns but rebuilding or not, it should be a fun team to watch. Definitely need to make the 5 a priority in the next class IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    I think it depends on if Tre returns but rebuilding or not, it should be a fun team to watch. Definitely need to make the 5 a priority in the next class IMO.
    Isn't Kentrevious a 5?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Isn't Kentrevious a 5?
    He is, but news of his signing made him seem like a project, so having another highly rated big I think would be crucial to backing up the two joneses.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Isn't Kentrevious a 5?
    He is but I can tell you right now not to count on him being eligible to participate in games next season. I'm not saying he's going to be ineligible, I'm just saying if you're counting on him being eligible you may not want to bet the house on it. The sole reason for him transferring to the prep school was to improve his academic standing which, by all reports, is not very good right now.
    Last edited by ReturnOfTheMack; 12-21-2016 at 08:00 AM.
    White sheets. Yellow tape. Closed case. Zip 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fsince87 View Post
    What about a junior college player to balance out the 5 freshmen?
    Not sure about a JUCO, but i'm sure Mack will pull the trigger on another 5th year immediately eligible guy if possible.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Quentin Scruggs JP Kaiser Sean with Tyrique Naji Elias Ridder off the bench and probably some sort of 5th year transfer next year. I'd say the outlook next year is a 4-9 seed. I'll gladly take that as "rebuilding"
    That's being pretty generous at this stage in the game. Being that Sean has shown nothing so far this year, Q has shown very little, Kaiser has shown little (due to injury I hope), I'm not quite sure where those thoughts come from. JP we can count on, but the rest? They are going to have to take pretty large leaps. Yes some of those freshmen (especially Scruggs) are going to be good, but they aren't Kentucky Or Duke type Freshmen.

If Tre and Sumner leave, I don't understand how anyone can attack XUkeith for saying rebuilding at this stage in the game. Not sure what he meant by complete rebuild, but in my opinion, knowing what we know right now, I think that lineup struggles to get to 20 wins.
    Last edited by Xville; 12-21-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Goodin has shown flashes, we he is attacking and confident he is good. Played really good D last night and had some really good passes. I would like to see him drive the ball more, but I think he is going to be very good. The PT he is getting right now is only going to help him down the road.

If Ed and Tre leave after this year we will take a step back, but not a really big one IMO. I think next year X is going to be more of a run and gun type team. More uptempo seems to be the tread we are going. Last night at the end of the 1st half they were pushing the ball and making shots.
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Q's minutes will diminish dramatically once Myles gets back to full speed - maybe as soon as the next couple of games. So Goodin won't likely be seeing nearly as much from our conference opponents. That being said, his time in OOC play will help next year and being able to learn from the senior decision making of Davis while observing and in practice will be valuable in a different way.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.