Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Kentrevious Jones

Shannon Russell tweeted he is changing schools at the semester. Wonder what that is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Harryfe View Post
    Shannon Russell tweeted he is changing schools at the semester. Wonder what that is all about?
    To hopefully improve his grades/academic standing

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    To hopefully improve his grades/academic standing
    Yes, according to this article:

http://www.macon.com/sports/high-sch...121827428.html

“I spoke with the Xavier coach (Sunday) night, and the whole thing boils down to having the best opportunity to play at Xavier next year,” Grube said. “This has nothing to do with athletics. It all has to do with academics. He’s got to get a better ACT (score), GPA and so forth. His parents and Xavier’s coaches felt that doing this would give him the best opportunity to play at Xavier, bottom line.”
    Read more here: http://www.macon.com/sports/high-sch...#storylink=cpy

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by usfldan View Post
    yeah even before seeing that article i thought this had potentially being a partial/non-qualifier written all over it

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    yeah even before seeing that article i thought this had potentially being a partial/non-qualifier written all over it
    why?

Most of the time that kids transfer schools it is either academic or shoe related. Like it or not, we need this kid active. Gaston exhausts his eligibility, O'Mara isn't fantastic, leaving us with Tyrique who is improving. We are short bodies down low.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    why?

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Most of the time that kids transfer schools it is either academic or shoe related. Like it or not, we need this kid active. Gaston exhausts his eligibility, O'Mara isn't fantastic, leaving us with Tyrique who is improving. We are short bodies down low.
    The issue with him though is even if he is academically eligible, he may not be physically ready. He has a ton of work to do on his body.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Mack go after a 5th year big man.

Yeah, I hope he's academically eligible so that he can come in and redshirt (or play a very limited role) and get in the conditioning program. I'm not expecting a thing out of him next year.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    why?
    it's his 3rd HS in a year and you usually don't see someone transfer to a prep type school for their final semester of HS unless its to get grades in order.

What about a junior college player to balance out the 5 freshmen?