Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Except MOR who tracks St. Edward's alumni (save Steve Logan).
    Thanks Band!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    Actually, Bibb County and Georgia in general- including Atlanta- have a horrible academic situation. It's really a joke.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Check Stain's Fr year @ Western Mi b/c he was quite good though overweight. Dropped 25+ on Dayton. Fundamentally always very sound with court presence. When he came to XU during his transfer year he showed all what talent and understanding he had but again his weight issues made it impossible to compete at BE level; still no one could deny his passing skills for a big, his shooting touch & footwork etc. He showed all of that at Western & in his transfer yr.
    He also had a good game as a WMU player against Xavier that same season.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    The same things were said about The Stain Train.
    Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Not really; no one doubted Stain's basketball IQ nor fundamental skills. Those extra lbs he carried and lack of footspeed were detriments but slow learner--never.
    Stainbrook was a bright guy with weight issues. Best passing big EVER ar X. Good academic background. Reynolds couldn't think ahead more than a nanosecond, despite prep school and red shirting.

Walter has size and the academics. That's an upside worth taking a chance on. IMHO I'd rather we pass on overweight/ academic risk student athletes.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Stainbrook was a bright guy with weight issues. Best passing big EVER ar X. Good academic background. Reynolds couldn't think ahead more than a nanosecond, despite prep school and red shirting.

Walter has size and the academics. That's an upside worth taking a chance on. IMHO I'd rather we pass on overweight/ academic risk student athletes.
    There's a huge difference between academic issues and intelligence. For example, look at what happened with the eligibility of one of IU's top freshmen on their football team yesterday. Often times adults are the cause behind the academic issues whether it's bad advice or they actually don't know what they're doing in spite of their position.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post

Did you know he was an Uber driver?

K Jones

Yeah Stainbrook showed plenty on the court in his time at Western Michigan. His problem was that he struggled with weight/conditioning. And, surprisingly given his time at XU, with respecting authority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I miss something, I think K.Jones is no longer on our roster.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I think you are right. The roster page has been nicely updated and reformatted, and Big K is nowhere to be seen.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Was he ever officially on the roster? As was noted above, he had to get a certain grade in a certain class this summer before he was eligible.

The fact that Walter committed would seem to indicate that Jones didn't get, or the staff doesn't expect him to get, his needed grade.