Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Do we really want another slow moving slow learner of any size? I've been on the case about recruiting big men, but Mack's entire plan of attack on defense is based on quick witted hedging and switching.
    My answer is...yes. We do want players of any size. But your tact in this comment is really unfair since we haven't seen him in one play with his teammates. ALL big men are slow learners in college (unless you are lottery material), so just get use to the idea that some of these guys will need time to figure out how they best contribute. I'd rather have a couple guys with size than not.

All-Conference
    The same things were said about The Stain Train.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    The same things were said about The Stain Train.
    Not really; no one doubted Stain's basketball IQ nor fundamental skills. Those extra lbs he carried and lack of footspeed were detriments but slow learner--never.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Not really; no one doubted Stain's basketball IQ nor fundamental skills. Those extra lbs he carried and lack of footspeed were detriments but slow learner--never.
    Um...no. Before he got here, there was zero confidence in Stain. No one knew about any of that stuff prior.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Except MOR who tracks St. Edward's alumni (save Steve Logan).

Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    That article's hilarious. KJ is a 3-star recruit with a grand total of 2 offers (XU and UCF). Mack apparently sees a ton of EVENTUAL upside in him -- and I think Mack's earned the right to take flyers on folks. But the notion that he "might only spend a year or two at Xavier before turning his sights toward the NBA" is laughable. Even if he qualifies, he won't see the court next year.

Supporting Member
    Agree, this is all about putting him in the best position to qualify academically. Not going to pick up a lot of basketball skill joining a team halfway through the season.

The last sentence of the article......middle Georgians will be deprived of being able to watch his final semester. Who,is the writer REALLY concerned about here....the kid or the fans? Seems to me he Igor be more concerned about the fans getting what they want, and not really concerned about what is really best for the kids. Does he even know that Xavier has never even had a one-and-done? That Xavier has such a great record of graduating kids, with REAL degrees? He should have done HIS homework.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Um...no. Before he got here, there was zero confidence in Stain. No one knew about any of that stuff prior.
    Check Stain's Fr year @ Western Mi b/c he was quite good though overweight. Dropped 25+ on Dayton. Fundamentally always very sound with court presence. When he came to XU during his transfer year he showed all what talent and understanding he had but again his weight issues made it impossible to compete at BE level; still no one could deny his passing skills for a big, his shooting touch & footwork etc. He showed all of that at Western & in his transfer yr.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket