Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    whether he is eligible to play or not next year, I am just hoping that he can at least be at Xavier and able to work out/practice with the team and at least use it as a true RS year.
    this thread has really been derailed

Sophomore
    We desperately need the height next year.

Any updates on this kid? Play or No? Oh, NM, just read MOR's post in the golf outing thread.

Reading thru this thread is pretty funny tho.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 08-16-2017 at 10:26 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Well school starts soon correct? I'm guessing his status resolves itself in the next 6-7 days?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I thought the word was that he was finishing a High School class or two and would be ready by semester start. He would still need to be cleared.

Do we really want another slow moving slow learner of any size? I've been on the case about recruiting big men, but Mack's entire plan of attack on defense is based on quick witted hedging and switching.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Do we really want another slow moving slow learner of any size? I've been on the case about recruiting big men, but Mack's entire plan of attack on defense is based on quick witted hedging and switching.
    While I hear what you're saying, X usually has one big guy on the floor at all times for rebounding and defense. X also loses 2 of their 3 centers after this year.
    Last edited by XU 87; 08-17-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Granted, he's not the quickest right now.. But from everything I've read on him is that he was a late bloomer. Mack took him cause of his potential. And the reports say he does have pretty good foot work and great hands. Give him a year on X's campus sitting out to cut weight and get his conditioning right and it'll be a different story. Everything I've seen is that he has a great attitude too and very motivated. Let the chips fall and get working towards 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I thought the word was that he was finishing a High School class or two and would be ready by semester start. He would still need to be cleared.
    I think he has to have a certain grade in a certain class he was taking this summer. My understanding is if he gets the grade, he will enter school and eligible immediately. He will most likely redshirt if he does make it to campus, but as others have said, we will know if Big Kent shows up on the first day of school.

Mack loves this kid. If he makes it to campus, he will be groomed for the future.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Paging Sister Rose.................paging Sister Rose................
    Veritas vos Liberabit