Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Any chance Bill Cunningham is reading this thread and laughing his ass off?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Actually the point here is that if Cunningham had stuck to shooting foul shots instead of also shooting off his mouth, no one would have booed him. If you were there, you know that the booing didn't start until he started spouting off about Trump.
    He is a shock jock, he would have been booed whether he mentioned Trump or not. He has been booed at Xavier games for decades, almost as long as he has been shooting his mouth off. Congratulations, you have taken the bait. You are the exact type of person that have made him what he is today. He got you riled up saying less than 12 words, which is quite efficient.

Lighten up Francis!

I find Willie hilarious, and think he is a Great American.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Now in Section 106 (Row L), after stints in Sections 104 and 105.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    He is a shock jock, he would have been booed whether he mentioned Trump or not. He has been booed at Xavier games for decades, almost as long as he has been shooting his mouth off. Congratulations, you have taken the bait. You are the exact type of person that have made him what he is today. He got you riled up saying less than 12 words, which is quite efficient.

Lighten up Francis!

I find Willie hilarious, and think he is a Great American.
    I have been a season ticketholder since about 1990, and I have never heard Cunningham booed. Not only that, I have never listened to his radio show...not once. Hard to see how that makes me "the type of person that have (sic) made him what he is today". I could care less what he says or thinks. But I don't want him spewing his political garbage at a X basketball game.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Supporting Member
    I have been a season ticketholder since about 1990, and I have never heard Cunningham booed. Not only that, I have never listened to his radio show...not once. Hard to see how that makes me "the type of person that have (sic) made him what he is today". I could care less what he says or thinks. But I don't want him spewing his political garbage at a X basketball game.
    Wow man, you take politics WAY too seriously. I've seen enough elections come and go to realize it really doesn't matter all that much. Willie's (or anyone's) opinions matter a lot whole lot less. Just enjoy the show. Life's too short.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Season ticket holder since 1990.

Never listened to his radio show.

Could care less what he says or thinks.

Don't want him spewing his political garbage at a X basketball game.

MAKE ME KING!
    Last edited by BENWAR; 12-23-2016 at 12:35 AM.

Now in Section 106 (Row L), after stints in Sections 104 and 105.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Wow man, you take politics WAY too seriously. I've seen enough elections come and go to realize it really doesn't matter all that much. Willie's (or anyone's) opinions matter a lot whole lot less. Just enjoy the show. Life's too short.
    I probably do. I lived in DC for 10 years before moving to Cincy, so that probably tainted me for life. But I do believe politics matter much of the time, and I think that we are going through one of them. Regardless...Merry Christmas, one and all. And "Go Muskies!"
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

If we are having a contest, I've had tickets since 1986. I went to Xavier with Willies's son (for the few months he was there). I have heard Willie booed on many occasions. It's not every game, but it has happened.

Never listened to his show once, huh? You seem to know an awful lot about the guy for someone who has heard his show "not once". You are offended he said a few words at a basketball game. You gave a reaction, which is what Willie's schtik is designed to do. You took the bait. Don't be mad at Willie because you are a sucker. God made you that way, and it can't be changed.

For someone that "could care less what he says or thinks" you seem to care an awful lot about what he said and thought during the Wake Forest game. If you really didn't care, the proper response to his comments would be to blow them off....
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Sophomore
    Completely agree. Have only been season ticket holder since 2000, but haven't heard him booed either.

Supporting Member
    I look at it as it not being about whether you like or agree with Willie and his views of the world. He's obviously a polarizing figure and we all either like or not. To me there were far more important things (IMO) going on that night. But selfishly he chose to make the halftime event about himself by bringing up a very controversial topic that he knew would draw all the attention to that instead of what we should have been celebrating. None of this has anything to do with Trump. Trump just happens to be the current polarizing topic. I'm sure if the contest were held two years ago, he would have brought up whatever was the most controversial topic of that day.

The contest was great; both Willie and Brad pumping in shot after shot after shot. If he wanted to make it about him, I would have preferred he talked about how he just beat the great Brad Redford in a shooting contest. But more importantly, I wished he would have taken time to talk about what we were celebrating that day: Skip Prosser and two great organizations that the shooting contest was a benefit for, The Karen Carns Foundation, http://www.karencarnsfoundation.org/ and the Mack Family Foundation, https://www.facebook.com/MackFamilyFoundation

While I applaud him for lending his celebrity to the contest, all people are now talking about with respect to the evening's activities is him and Trump and not what the contest was for. Sad.

Apparently, I picked a great time to go to the restroom with my son and then get snacks and sodas since I missed his whole spiel.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!