Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Polls 2016-17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    -- I've been trying to wonder if we're over stating the absence of Myles and simply talking him up more because he's not there so it's easy to do.... We're not. People forget how much better he got last year at driving to the hoop. Way more of an all around game last year. And he's technically the only true Xavier senior on this team that came as a freshman. Need his leadership
    Totally agree. I dont think it is possible for us to overstate the absence of Myles Davis on this team.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    Really sad. Was strolling through some clips from last year on Youtube. Watched some of the shootout and the Nova game. Last year might sting more than OSU/KSU/Pitt losses at least right now just cause us what could have been. Those other heart breaking losses I always knew in the back of my head those teams were eventually going to run out of gas. But last year had everything. My thoughts from watching last years team to this years:

-- Never thought we would miss Remy as much as we do. Malcolm has been solid so far, but Remy was so damn athletic and honestly important. Hit knock down shots and played great defense. Pushing the ball up the sideline to him is something we miss dearly.

-- I've been trying to wonder if we're over stating the absence of Myles and simply talking him up more because he's not there so it's easy to do.... We're not. People forget how much better he got last year at driving to the hoop. Way more of an all around game last year. And he's technically the only true Xavier senior on this team that came as a freshman. Need his leadership

-- Jalen and Jimmy were beasts in the post. But they too also had a lot of lapses. The bigs this year will never be as dominant offensively, but man they defend ball screens SOOO much better this year. Could be the key this year if their defense can turn into lock down eventually
    Agree with all of this and in addition to the above stated, it was a down year in college basketball so the final four and/or the title was rie for the taking. This year, the top is again strong with maybe the best freshman class ever across the board.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskeagle View Post
    You'd have to include Villanova's Hart, Jenkins, Brunsen, Bridges to that fearsome foursome of guards. All in double figures. 56.5 pts. a night from those four.
    and Kansas with Mason, Graham, Jackson, Vick/Mykhailuk.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    His first two years when he wasn't shooting well and wasn't flashing any high level athleticism, I didn't really see Myles doing a whole lot for us, but last year he really did do it all. He was automatic on spot up threes and probed the defense well and scored in the lane. Dude put up a triple double. I'll be pumped to see him back. Outside of Duke's Jackson/Allen/Kennard/Tatum nightmare Sumner/Bluiett/Macura/Davis is the best 4 guard tandem going.

Duke is nuts.
    Xavier's 4 guard tandem is very good, but i don't think it is one of the elite ones in college basketball, if you can even rank 4 guard tandems haha

Sophomore
    UCLA with Alford, Ball, Holiday, Hamilton

Sophomore
    Yes, looking back KU's is very good and Nova I think is a toss up, Hart pulls a lot of weight there. UCLA ehhhh not really. Kentucky Fox/Monk/Briscoe/whoever yes.
    I'd go Duke, KU, Nova, Kentucky, Xavier. Creighton's is up there as well.

I agree with xufan. I'm also encouraged by the big guys lately. Rashid is putting in work lately and I think Tyrique can give us that attitude/swagger that Jalen provided on the boards and dunking that we weren't going to be bullied by anyone down low. Sean still needs to keep improving that will be a key and whatever Kaiser can give us down low. He hasn't really gotten back yet.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Yes, looking back KU's is very good and Nova I think is a toss up, Hart pulls a lot of weight there. UCLA ehhhh not really. Kentucky Fox/Monk/Briscoe/whoever yes.
    I'd go Duke, KU, Nova, Kentucky, Xavier. Creighton's is up there as well.

I agree with xufan. I'm also encouraged by the big guys lately. Rashid is putting in work lately and I think Tyrique can give us that attitude/swagger that Jalen provided on the boards and dunking that we weren't going to be bullied by anyone down low. Sean still needs to keep improving that will be a key and whatever Kaiser can give us down low. He hasn't really gotten back yet.
    it's pretty dumb to say not really about UCLA's four guards, especially at this point.

Creighton is up there, with their 3 great guards, not sure they have a 4th at all.

Xavier's combo is at least 6th

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    it's pretty dumb to say not really about UCLA's four guards, especially at this point.

Creighton is up there, with their 3 great guards, not sure they have a 4th at all.

Xavier's combo is at least 6th
    Yeah Lonzo Ball is basically everything X fans wish Ed was. He'll be the best guard in the country by the end of the year IMO and real good chance as a Top 5 pick. Mix that in with Alford and they're already elite. And that's not including Holiday or Hamilton

Sophomore
    I had no idea how much Holiday and Hamilton were tearing it up to be honest. I personally think Malik Monk will end up being the best guard in the country, but there's also Grayson Allen, Luke Kennard, DeAaron Fox, Frank Mason who could all probably claim it. And maybe this guy from central michigan Keene.

Depends on how much Myles gives us. If he ups his production at all, we'd be looking at four guys with lines as good as anyone's. I think the best and most dynamic teams tend to be the ones with 4 interchangeable guards since they control so much in college bball, so I'm optimistic and excited about Myles coming back.

BTW give me Sumner/Macura/Davis over Jenkins/Brunson/Bridges any day and twice on Sundays. Hart pulls a lot of weight though.

Polls- Week of 12/19

Welp, despite our two losses, X is still #3 in the RPI behind Villanova & Baylor. We also have the #4 SOS, which won't change through the Big East schedule.
    The Big East is #1 with a bullet in Conference RPI with also the #1 SOS.
    I love this league. #NeverChange #SuckItCryers
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell