Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Polls 2016-17

I don't disagree with the analysis on merit. Although, personally, I would still have Nova at 1 until they lose. I know you can't rely on last year's results to predict anything in college when so much changes in the landscape year to year. Still, defending national champions, and they brought back Hart, Jenkins, Brunson, Bridges. Turns out the Fordham transfer can play a little bit. I don't know, I'd just have them at 1 if I had a vote.

That being said, if you're putting a bracket together today, no doubt Baylor has to be No. 1 overall seed based on everyone's favorite.... body of work!!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

Polls - 12/5

New poll is out:

AP Poll - December 5

Xavier drops 6 spots to #13 after the Baylor loss. Villanova moved up to #1 this week as well.

Creighton remains at #10 and Butler moved up to #16. UC also debuts at #22 this week after winning at Iowa State and at home against Bowling Green.

Sophomore
    i am ok with that ranking. Big week ahead, win both games this week and we may be back in the top 10.

If you go back 3 years ago to this same week, when the BE was first starting anew, there was 1 team in the top 16 (or the whole poll).
    Villanova at #14.
    Today there are 4 BE teams in the top 16.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

As for the coaches/DOBOs poll, Nova is #1, Creighton #10, Xavier #14 and Butler #15.

It's irritating to see Rhody still getting votes in the coaches' poll but no votes for Providence.

David Cloninger (click here) of The State in Columbia, SC is a true gentleman and scholar. He held Xavier steady at the 7 spot this week.

This week's Jerk of the WeekTM is Cormac Gordon (click here) of The Staten Island Advance. He dropped X from 7th last week all the way to #21, behind Ohio State at #18. The Suckeyes kept it close with Virginia, no doubt, but then had Fairleigh Dickinson come into Columbus and keep it within 8. Come on, Cormac. We know who the best team in Ohio is.

On another note, after being JotWTM last week, Graham Couch is only saved by the fact that others have stooped lower than he has. Still, since the preseason #6 ranking he gave to Xavier, he has ranked them #17 each week. Should someone check on him to make sure Graham is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by X-ceptional View Post
    David Cloninger (click here) of The State in Columbia, SC is a true gentleman and scholar. He held Xavier steady at the 7 spot this week.
    People here in the Palmetto State know what we're doing.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Polls - Week of 12/12

Xavier down to #17 in the AP Poll this week. Nova remains #1, Creighton remains #10 and Butler also dropped to #18 b/c of their Indiana State loss.

AP Poll - Week of December 12

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    That is about where I was expecting. Wouldnt have been shocked if it was even slightly lower.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

That's what helped Xavier in part - teams in the Top 10 also separated themselves more where teams like X, Butler and also Saint Mary's had split weeks. Florida State and USC also made their Top 25 debuts this week.