Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Polls 2016-17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    I obviously haven't. Wrong again buddy.
    Try again.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Polls 2016-17

He's referring to Kahns and Snipe. Try to keep up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well, maybe you should.

You're all worked up because of what a bunch of people you don't know, and wouldn't be able to identify even if you met them, who also don't know you and wouldn't be able to identify you if they ever met you, are saying. It's aliases interacting with aliases. That's all it is. If you're legitimately upset about something, which you appear to be, then maybe you should just turn your computer off. To me this place is a very welcome distraction even when I'm getting slammed, which often happens, and if I'm honest I often open the door to it. If I was ever bothered by it I'd just leave. It's very easy to turn off.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

We've lost all of our votes in the AP poll this week (understandably), putting us behind Vermont in that poll (not understandably).

Sneaking up time, people!

11 votes in the Coaches' poll, meaning they're either much smarter than the writers or that they don't really pay attention. You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    We've lost all of our votes in the AP poll this week (understandably), putting us behind Vermont in that poll (not understandably).

Sneaking up time, people!
    It's entirely understandable. It's just not correct. Vermont hasn't lost since early December. You move up by not losing when others around you lose, even if you're beating sub NIT teams and other teams are losing to other ranked teams. That's why. It's wrong, but that's why.

Having said that, Vermont is good enough to beat a #4 seed. Now, understand what I mean by that. Being good enough to beat a team on a given day doesn't necessarily mean you're as good as that team. But, if a #4 seed overlooks them I think Vermont can really make them sweat and even beat them.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    It's entirely understandable. It's just not correct. Vermont hasn't lost since early December. You move up by not losing when others around you lose, even if you're beating sub NIT teams and other teams are losing to other ranked teams. That's why. It's wrong, but that's why.

Having said that, Vermont is good enough to beat a #4 seed. Now, understand what I mean by that. Being good enough to beat a team on a given day doesn't necessarily mean you're as good as that team. But, if a #4 seed overlooks them I think Vermont can really make them sweat and even beat them.
    Teams Vermont is ranked ahead of in kenpom:

Texas
    Oklahoma
    Illinois
    Colorado
    Penn State
    Georgia Tech
    Iowa

Those are all teams that have beaten multiple tournament teams throughout the season.

Well, I guess we can put a cap on this thread.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Well, I guess we can put a cap on this thread.
    The coaches' poll isn't out yet. One of the voters who gave us the 11 points last week may still be living under a rock, so there's hope yet!

Xavier got 8 votes in this week's coaches' poll! LOL