Page 943 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 443843893933941942943944945953993104314431943 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,430 of 21031

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I think that would be phenomenal. Probably unlikely due to funding challenges etc, but phenomenal.
    I think it's all but a done deal for the Trump faction. They can certainly fundraise effectively without the rest of the GOP and their now seems to be no tolerance for having them back under the GOP tent. I could see the latter changing before the former.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post

But I'd like to hold the people responsible who put her in that position.
    Paul- I'll ask again, what do you mean by this statement? It's confusing to me. Who are the people that put this woman in this position? Was she in a wheelchair and wheeled into the Capital? How are you going to hold them accountable?
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Paul- I'll ask again, what do you mean by this statement? It's confusing to me. Who are the people that put this woman in this position? Was she in a wheelchair and wheeled into the Capital? How are you going to hold them accountable?
    Sorry, guess I thought it was easy to see. People who incite others to violence can be held responsible. The actions of the president, Giuliani and otthers at the rally preceding the storming of the Capitol would seem to be inciting:

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees free speech, and the degree to which incitement is protected speech is determined by the imminent lawless action test introduced by the 1969 Supreme Court decision in the case Brandenburg v. Ohio. The court ruled that incitement of events in the indefinite future was protected, but encouragement of "imminent" illegal acts was not protected. This "view reflects longstanding law and is shared by the Federalist Society, the ACLU, the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, and the vast majority of Americans, including most staunch free-speech advocates."[23]

Incitement to riot is illegal under U.S. federal law.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Will Trump run again in 2024?
    Balls of Steele!!

Supporting Member
    Sorry, guess I thought it was easy to see. People who incite others to violence can be held responsible. The actions of the president, Giuliani and otthers at the rally preceding the storming of the Capitol would seem to be inciting:
    Such a liberal playbook take, everyone else's fault but her own.

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Will Trump run again in 2024?
    The mere question makes me want the Justice Dept. to take action.

In all seriousness, if he's guilty of all the shit a lot of the Dems say he's guilty of, then I want him prosecuted and put away. If he's not guilty of any of it, then I want The Left to shut the hell up about it. There are now other more important things to focus on. I felt the same way four years ago about Hillary. Prosecute or don't prosecute, but don't say someone with that kind of influence is a criminal and then do nothing about it.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Indeed. Me and the White House counsel to the President:

Trump did not want to make the speech at first and was only convinced to do it after White House Counsel Pat Cipollone warned him on Wednesday night that he could face a criminal investigation for actively encouraging his supporters to storm the Capitol in a clash that left at least five people dead.

Only then did the President reluctantly agree to tape a video condemning his supporters’ attack even though he had privately enjoyed it, according to the Times. He had previously issued a statement praising the insurrections as “very special” and telling them “We love you.”
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

It will probably be Donald Trump, Jr running in 2024.

Indeed. Me and the White House counsel to the President:
    The President has not even mentioned her. They might think he's just saving face, but there has to be some in the group who are upset about how swiftly he has condemned them and backed away.

Ready for the hypocrisy criers to mention that the Blue Lives Matter crowd killed a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I'm all for personal responsibility, but I don't think you can follow it off a cliff.

Do you hold historical Dictators responsible for what they did? In Nazi Germany was Hitler responsible, or was every German who participated individually responsible. Both? How does that blame get split?

A lot of the people who stormed the Capitol appear to be people that aren't of the highest intelligence, and are probably susceptible to being misled. What does holding them accountable look like?

Here's an extreme example: If I convince a mentally retarded person to kill someone, is it my fault or theirs? How does the blame work in that situation.

I think there is a place to blame both the individuals who participated and the public figures who misled and incited them. Legal precedent would agree with that, since you can be charged with inciting someone to commit a crime.
    Eat Donuts!