Page 935 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 435835885925933934935936937945985103514351935 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,350 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    People who are likening this to some assholes trashing buildings in Portland can fuck right off. Then they can fuck off again. Then a 3rd time.
    This was definitely a whole different level. But people who never said a word about the violence last year (there are pictures from last summer of DC basically on fire) and who are now apoplectic over what happened yesterday can also fuck right off.

Supporting Member
    And the people who are saying just imagine if they were black, can also fuck right off. I'm fucking tired of everyone just trying to put gasoline on a fire shit show every time something happens recently. Everyone that has some crazy agenda, has to post something on social media and bring it back to them, because we live in a what about me society

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    This was definitely a whole different level. But people who never said a word about the violence last year (there are pictures from last summer of DC basically on fire) and who are now apoplectic over what happened yesterday can also fuck right off.
    Fair, but I'd argue that right now is the time for an unequivocal condemnation of what we just saw. That message gets softened when you feel the need to look backward at what someone else did or said that was hypocritical. There's time for that later, but right now I think we should be united in our stance against what happened yesterday.

It gets softened a lot when the sitting President, who incited this, doesn't condemn it. Then his cult-worshippers follow his lead.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    The takeaway today cannot be that a line was crossed and now we just need to wag our finger in the face of these people and beef up Congressional security. Lines have been being crossed for years, there are plenty more to be crossed.
    This is so true and yet so sad at the same time. Unfortunately, neither side will admit to this or accept their contribution to the problem. Only then things can improve.

Yup. There are people from “that side” yesterday who are being ignored by the media and powers that be who were frustrated and lashed out.
    Not excusing their behavior in any way, however. The violence was uncalled for ridiculous and stupid and should be condemned, but all the ones who stayed silent (and in some cases celebrated) over the riots resulting from Criminals like Jakob Blake’s behavior last summer have no standing here.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 01-07-2021 at 10:02 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

100% on board with unequivocal condemnation. I'm even pro-25th amendment to save us 13 days of Trump at this point.

Just sick of seeing people (mostly online, but also family) who were at least silently supportive of violent protest this summer acting like they're the good guys because of yesterday. Just because Trump and those assholes suck doesn't give different assholes their wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    And the people who are saying just imagine if they were black, can also fuck right off. I'm fucking tired of everyone just trying to put gasoline on a fire shit show every time something happens recently.
    I agree people shouldn't put gasoline on the fire. But I'm also curious about something. Do you find it any different that the president authorized the DC National Guard to clear peaceful protesters so he could walk to the church for the bible-holding photo op...and the fact that he wouldn't authorize it yesterday as our Capitol was breached and they had to get Pence to do it (president later took credit) ? Things like that add to the narrative.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I agree people shouldn't put gasoline on the fire. But I'm also curious about something. Do you find it any different that the president authorized the DC National Guard to clear peaceful protesters so he could walk to the church for the bible-holding photo op...and the fact that he wouldn't authorize it yesterday as our Capitol was breached and they had to get Pence to do it (president later took credit) ? Things like that add to the narrative.
    Dont care and it doesnt matter at this point. You just love to finger point.

100% on board with unequivocal condemnation. I'm even pro-25th amendment to save us 13 days of Trump at this point.

Just sick of seeing people (mostly online, but also family) who were at least silently supportive of violent protest this summer acting like they're the good guys because of yesterday. Just because Trump and those assholes suck doesn't give different assholes their wings.
    1000%
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

If you thought what happened yesterday was okay or justified, then you're an asshole

If you thought what went on in our cities this year was okay or justified, then you're an asshole

And I swear to god if if read the word 'enabled' one more time on social media I might puke. If my kids can take one thing away from the 10,000 life lessons I've tried to teach them it will be the concept of personal responsibility.

You are not a robot, you control your actions, inaction, and destiny. Your successes and failures are a direct result of the decisions you make. It's not Sean Hannity's fault if you decide to riot, enter a federal building and get yourself shot. It's not the police's fault if you decide to riot over what you perceive as injustice and you get yourself shot. This country is fucked 3 ways toward the weekend.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo