Page 906 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 406806856896904905906907908916956100614061906 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,060 of 21024

Thread: Politics Thread

Sophomore
    Did anyone read the USA Today article that said only 1/3 out of 13,000 nurses are willing to get the vaccine? Old man, not sure how to copy and paste! This is not about anti-vaxers or even political as most of our liberal friends are the ones usually against vaccines in general

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xuwillie View Post
    Did anyone read the USA Today article that said only 1/3 out of 13,000 nurses are willing to get the vaccine? Old man, not sure how to copy and paste! This is not about anti-vaxers or even political as most of our liberal friends are the ones usually against vaccines in general
    Yeah I think it is mostly about ignorance regarding vaccines and the process this one went through.

The government and these companies developing the vaccine have done a horrific job at getting the word out and educating the public about the vaccine and its safety and why/how it was able to get to market so much quicker than other vaccines. I have been saying to co-workers and family members for months that I can't understand why there isnt all sorts of marketing about the vaccine and its process and safety. Maybe I guess because they didn't know exactly when it would be ready. Maybe we will see that now and it will help since the majority of the population wont be able to get it for a while still.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    You left out the small detail that it was from a survey in October, when little was known about the trials. Keep pushing that odd agenda though!

My wife is a doctor and decides not to give several.
    Maybe you should change doctors.
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    Nope all good Bobbie. my Kids are perfectly healthy not having a couple vaccines. And yes the article was late October. I doubt the numbers will change that dramatically but whatever.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah I think it is mostly about ignorance regarding vaccines and the process this one went through.

The government and these companies developing the vaccine have done a horrific job at getting the word out and educating the public about the vaccine and its safety and why/how it was able to get to market so much quicker than other vaccines. I have been saying to co-workers and family members for months that I can't understand why there isnt all sorts of marketing about the vaccine and its process and safety. Maybe I guess because they didn't know exactly when it would be ready. Maybe we will see that now and it will help since the majority of the population wont be able to get it for a while still.
    I agree with this and People with high risk should definitely get it. Maybe by next summer we will know more But I’m in zero rush to get it.

I'll get it when they tell me it's my turn. I'm not disappointed that I'm in the back of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Lol such a fool. Just because I think you're an idiot, doesnt mean I'm a democrat, and regardless, grouping people into silos based on political affiliation is really effed up.
    You put this more succinctly than I did in a now deleted post. I find this lumping people into buckets is foolish. Stay away from words like always and never, all and none. Every person is unique, like it or not. If you are “extreme” in anything other than things like kindness, you probably have an issue.

Nope all good Bobbie. my Kids are perfectly healthy not having a couple vaccines. And yes the article was late October. I doubt the numbers will change that dramatically but whatever.
    i was just having some fun with 'ya. Unfortunately, I'm so freaking old and messed up I'll be at the head of the line.
    2023 Sweet 16

Electoral college tomorrow, which can only mean one thing: in about 24 hours my sports betting account should get a nice reload!