Page 847 of 2146 FirstFirst ... 34774779783784584684784884985789794713471847 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,470 of 21451

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowDownDBrown View Post
    Rudy fell for a Borat skit earlier this year. Why would anyone believe anything that idiot says?
    The fall-off from how he handled 911 to his clown show now is Grand Canyonesque
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    LOL. That guys is just ranting and raving nonsense at this point. I can't imagine anyone taking him seriously.

If a legal challenge does actually make it's way to the supreme court, I think this is where the disorganization and chaos that surrounds Trump could really backfire. They don't seem to have any systemic strategy (other than challenge everything) and they have a lot of people claiming to speak on behalf of the campaign saying a lot of crazy shit, and sometimes conflicts with crazy shit the other people are saying.
    Yet people still listen to him!! He's every bit as nutso as your crazy drunken uncle that no one listens to but that you like anyway, only he really isn't likable either. Why do people listen to this blathering clown?? The fact that Trump employs him as his personal lawyer should be enough in and of itself to make everyone believe that he is totally unfit for office.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    The rate of voting fraud in the US is less than 0.0009%. Rudy suggesting people in phila. were out collecting 50,000 unused mail in ballots, filling them out fraudulently (how would they even have the time to do this), and dropping them off @ 4 a.m. Wednesday is preposterous. Just count all the friggin' votes.
    How do you know the rate of voter fraud? LOL

Fraud is fraud. Until its caught, you cant quantify it.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

Because he reads?

In April 2020, a 20-year voter fraud study by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology found the level of fraud "exceedingly rare" since it occurs only in "0.00006 percent" of instances nationally, and, in one state, "0.000004 percent — about five times less likely than getting hit by lightning in the United States."
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Because he reads?
    Apparently you didnt read what bleed said. Fraud is only fraud once it is found. To assign a percent to it makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Yet people still listen to him!! He's every bit as nutso as your crazy drunken uncle that no one listens to but that you like anyway, only he really isn't likable either. Why do people listen to this blathering clown?? The fact that Trump employs him as his personal lawyer should be enough in and of itself to make everyone believe that he is totally unfit for office.
    To be fair: Trump went through a lot of lawyers before he found one as crazy as Giuliani. You almost think Trump has to have some dirt on him to get him to degrade himself like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

This is, I think, one of the most damaging things that has come out of this election. The idea that many of latched on to that there is some kind of widespread, systemic, voter fraud perpetrated onlyby Democrats. Because it's difficult to prove a negative, there is really no way to conclusively show that there isn't fraud. People can point to the fact that the actual incidence of confirmed voter fraud is extremely low, but that won't placate people who have been convinced of the narrative that massive voter fraud exists (and, again, benefits only the Democrats). It's damaging to the very core of America because it undermines confidence in our institution. All because Trump said so.

This also falls under that 'what would you have to believe for this to be true' umbrella for me. Depending on the situation it seems that Democrats are either complete idiots, or absolute criminal masterminds capable of pulling off massive voter fraud without leaving evidence. Remember these are the same people that couldn't even leak a Democratic Primary Debate question to Hillary Clinton without getting caught.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    To be fair: Trump went through a lot of lawyers before he found one as crazy as Giuliani. You almost think Trump has to have some dirt on him to get him to degrade himself like this.

This is, I think, one of the most damaging things that has come out of this election. The idea that many of latched on to that there is some kind of widespread, systemic, voter fraud perpetrated onlyby Democrats. Because it's difficult to prove a negative, there is really no way to conclusively show that there isn't fraud. People can point to the fact that the actual incidence of confirmed voter fraud is extremely low, but that won't placate people who have been convinced of the narrative that massive voter fraud exists (and, again, benefits only the Democrats). It's damaging to the very core of America because it undermines confidence in our institution. All because Trump said so.

This also falls under that 'what would you have to believe for this to be true' umbrella for me. Depending on the situation it seems that Democrats are either complete idiots, or absolute criminal masterminds capable of pulling off massive voter fraud without leaving evidence. Remember these are the same people that couldn't even leak a Democratic Primary Debate question to Hillary Clinton without getting caught.
    With the amount of crazies out there on both sides, I think rationally it makes sense that fraud is probably higher than .0000009% or whatever percent is out there. I think rationally most people also understand that there isnt massive fraud out there. Both can be true.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 23 View Post
    I recall Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan being way off in 2016 in the polls. But this year, it was even worse. Not just for president, but for senate. The disturbing trend is that when they are off, they are off in favor of Democrats. ALWAYS.
    It's almost like the media loves the left and hates the right.

Shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    With the amount of crazies out there on both sides, I think rationally it makes sense that fraud is probably higher than .0000009% or whatever percent is out there. I think rationally most people also understand that there isnt massive fraud out there. Both can be true.
    Right, but what do you do? Obviously put any reasonable measure in place to prevent it and (I assume) accept that some small amount will probably always exist.

Unless we really, really believe that there is significant and consequential voter fraud going on I would argue that it is extremely destructive to be casting this kind of doubt on the validity of our voting process.
    Eat Donuts!

If we have elections getting decided by less than a thousand votes (possible in Georgia), it doesn't take much fraud to swing an election, apparently.