Page 838 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 33873878882883683783883984084888893813381838 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,380 of 21188

Thread: Politics Thread

If Biden wins this, my advice/statement to the Democrats would be this...

Fuck it up this time, and it may be 20 years before you ever win another election. Making promises to people in order to secure their votes and then doing jack shit for them until the time comes when you need to make more promises in order to secure more votes will sink your damn ship. A lot of people on the Right don't particularly like Trump (a lot do, but a lot don't). They just hate you. Understand that, and understand why that is.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

PA is going to be a complete shit show. Trump is up by like 11 points with 76% of the vote in, however Biden has a real chance to win if the carries the remaining absentee and mail in ballots with similar margins to what he has seen this far. If Trump goes from up 11 to losing based on a shitload of mail in ballots that are likely to be counted very late, watch out.

It looks like AZ is pretty much in the bag for Biden. NV, and WI look likely. MI looks like Biden will win but quite possibly by less than 1% of the vote, which will likely open up challenges.

At this point the only way this MAYBE ends without a lot of controversy is if Biden wins AZ, NV, WI, MI all by 1%+, which I would give very little chance of happening.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    If Biden wins this, my advice/statement to the Democrats would be this...

Fuck it up this time, and it may be 20 years before you ever win another election. Making promises to people in order to secure their votes and then doing jack shit for them until the time comes when you need to make more promises in order to secure more votes will sink your damn ship. A lot of people on the Right don't particularly like Trump (a lot do, but a lot don't). They just hate you. Understand that, and understand why that is.
    Right. The squad needs to pipe the fuck down a little. Stop making them your mascot, and find a platform that Middle America can get on board with.

On a positive note: my (current) home state of NJ just legalized weed, so if I have to endure another 4 years of Trump's idiotic antics I can at least get high while doing it.
    Eat Donuts!

Biden right now on my sports book is at -375, so he's looking pretty good. Hopefully if he does win he carries Nevada, Wisconsin and Michigan (he's leading in all 3 right now) so PA is a moot point. And the Senate is looking like it will stay Republican.

Supporting Member
    If biden wins, I bet the house flips in two years. That will make sure nothing gets done for half his term, which is probably a good thing...or for half Harris's term when biden stops being propped up like weekend at bernies

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If biden wins, I bet the house flips in two years. That will make sure nothing gets done for half his term, which is probably a good thing...or for half Harris's term when biden stops being propped up like weekend at bernies
    Probably so.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Hopefully Biden can work with the Senate to at least get some important things done. He needs to push Pelosi and her crew away from the brink, and hopefully bring some level of civility to the office. I don't want / need him to do anything drastic. Just don't be Trump. Don't be Obama either for that matter. If the Republicans are being obstructionist use the bully pulpit to highlight it, but don't be a dick about it (like Obama kind of was).
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Hopefully Biden can work with the Senate to at least get some important things done. He needs to push Pelosi and her crew away from the brink, and hopefully bring some level of civility to the office. I don't want / need him to do anything drastic. Just don't be Trump. Don't be Obama either for that matter. If the Republicans are being obstructionist use the bully pulpit to highlight it, but don't be a dick about it (like Obama kind of was).
    This in and of itself would be a tremendous accomplishment!!!

I shouldn't read Twitter. It's depressing. All these people who hate half the country and think everything is racism. Ugh.

Except for that 70's sports guy, twitter is a cesspool.