Page 783 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 28368373377378178278378478579383388312831783 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,830 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Examples, please. I read 3-4 papers a day, view multiple sites (including Fox), and have seen nothing of what you claim. Now I do not read social media, but I wouldn't trust anything there anyway.
    If you are going to be that dense about this, why would I bother?

Did you find this on QAnon? All the Democrats did, that I'm aware of, is claim that Clinton won the popular vote. The fact that they accepted the Electoral College win for Trump is best evidenced by the fact that many Democrats are calling for a change in the Electoral College system.
    My god..do you live under a rock? The google is your friend..
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

I know that Madonna never threatened to blow up the White House and the Gary Griffin's sister never play-acted decapitating the President.

"Resist" and make yourselves ungovernable is definitely a stance of people who accepted the results of the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    denial of the century.....just turn on the tv, open up any newspaper, or (I wouldn't advise it but) go to social media and look up a dems profile any day of the week.
    Examples, please. I read 3-4 papers a day, view multiple sites (including Fox), and have seen nothing of what you claim. Now I do not read social media, but I wouldn't trust anything there anyway.
    I believe you're both talking about two different things. The Democrat voters totally flipped their shit, but the Democratic candidates and officers still accepted the results...at least in the sense that they conceded, or didn't say they would refuse to leave office, or challenge the results in court, or anything like that.

Now, I understand that is an EXTREMELY low bar. If you lose then you really don't have a choice, so it's kind of silly to give someone credit for doing something when they had no other choice other than to do what they did. But, for what it's worth, no Democrat candidate or officer tried to actually defy the results of the elections.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    . But, for what it's worth, no Democrat candidate or officer tried to actually defy the results of the elections.
    Totally agree with that...but they did start planning impeachment before he was even sworn in. Several democratic lawmakers were on that train long before articles were close to being filed. So while they didn't defy the results, they certainly went directly to the path of trying to get him out of office. We had members of Congress literally telling their base to confront and harass members of his cabinet.

"Impeachment is not good enough for Trump. He needs to be imprisoned & placed in solitary confinement."
    "But for now, impeachment is the imperative," - Maxine Waters
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Impeachment was stupid. It wasn't an impeachable offense, and it had no chance of working even if it was. It was another example of how everything is now adversarial and partisan, which is unsettling.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Uh, because you are the one making this claim...along with accusing people who don't agree with you as being dense.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I know that Madonna never threatened to blow up the White House and the Gary Griffin's sister never play-acted decapitating the President.

"Resist" and make yourselves ungovernable is definitely a stance of people who accepted the results of the election.
    If that's your "evidence" of Democrats refusing to accept the fact that Trump was elected in 2016, you've got nothing.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    My god..do you live under a rock? The google is your friend..
    Read a bit more carefully and you will discover that I read 4 papers daily, plus a number of news sites including Fox. And there is no evidence that I have seen that suggests that Democrats claim that Trump's win was illegitimate. Dumb, yes. Tragic, yes. But not corrupt, fake, or illegitimate. So again, I ask for evidence of this claim.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I believe you're both talking about two different things. The Democrat voters totally flipped their shit, but the Democratic candidates and officers still accepted the results...at least in the sense that they conceded, or didn't say they would refuse to leave office, or challenge the results in court, or anything like that.

Now, I understand that is an EXTREMELY low bar
    . If you lose then you really don't have a choice, so it's kind of silly to give someone credit for doing something when they had no other choice other than to do what they did. But, for what it's worth, no Democrat candidate or officer tried to actually defy the results of the elections.
    A bar that Trump daily challenges.