Page 782 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 28268273277278078178278378479283288212821782 ... LastLast
Results 7,811 to 7,820 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Well, you got another shot to cash out, as the market is flying today because....who fucking knows why.
    I see that. Crazy. Maybe it doesn’t matter who the freaking president is.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Taxes = emails. I don’t care. It’s not important.
    I still don't care that much about his taxes. I haven't looked at them and wouldn't understand them if I did. But, someone told me that he wrote off $70,000 for haircuts. HAIRCUTS!!?? Is that true?? It's pretty obvious that he doesn't even have any actual hair. Now THIS may be worth looking into!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Yes, the person who charged him $70,000 for haircuts should be arrested for grand larceny post haste!

If all you Dems had simply joined me on Team #YangGang, we wouldn't be in this mess.
    Hey!! I really liked Andrew Yang. The dude is an outsider with ideas. But, man. Was he cashiered early.
    The Dems have no clue.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Jo Jorgensen
    Libertarian Queen!!!

At this point, I really don't care who is President, but PLEASE. Do not let the House AND Senate fall into the hands of Democrats.
    That's when the shit really would hit the fan. #MoveNow
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Libertarian Queen!!!

At this point, I really don't care who is President, but PLEASE. Do not let the House AND Senate fall into the hands of Democrats.
    That's when the shit really would hit the fan. #MoveNow
    It could happen. If not now, then two years from now.

This is easier said than done, or more easily assessed than solved, or however you want to say it, but....

It is a fundamental problem if our system will either not work at all because the two parties use their power to obstruct each other, or will make half the country feel like they are not represented because one party has control of the presidency, house, and senate and just passes whatever they want without any checks, or compromises, or discussions with the other side. That's what it feels like we've had since at least 2014 and perhaps even longer.

And yes, there is a chance that either this election or at the midterms that it swings entirely back the other way. The Dems will have complete control, and the GOP will be made to feel like nothing they say or do matters while having their noses rubbed in it. That's not good. For anyone. It really isn't.
    Last edited by xubrew; 09-30-2020 at 11:25 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    The problem is that there is actual precedent for one half of the country not accepting the results of an election and spending the next 4 years in a giant, whiny, hissy fit. See 2016-present. If Republicans want the playbook on not accepting a duly elected POTUS they'll need to look no further than the recent past. Remember those hilarious PSA's that the left put together using celebrities to urge the state electors not to certify?

I pray that if Trump loses, that republicans don't spend the next 4 years doing sophomoric shit like that. The left had a great chance to push through meaningful legislation over the past several years and they wasted it because they were butthurt over an election they thought they had in the bag.
    Did you find this on QAnon? All the Democrats did, that I'm aware of, is claim that Clinton won the popular vote. The fact that they accepted the Electoral College win for Trump is best evidenced by the fact that many Democrats are calling for a change in the Electoral College system.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Did you find this on QAnon? All the Democrats did, that I'm aware of, is claim that Clinton won the popular vote. The fact that they accepted the Electoral College win for Trump is best evidenced by the fact that many Democrats are calling for a change in the Electoral College system.
    denial of the century.....just turn on the tv, open up any newspaper, or (I wouldn't advise it but) go to social media and look up a dems profile any day of the week.

While we may be appalled, the late night comedy guys are drooling! This is just TOO EASY for them!

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    denial of the century.....just turn on the tv, open up any newspaper, or (I wouldn't advise it but) go to social media and look up a dems profile any day of the week.
    Examples, please. I read 3-4 papers a day, view multiple sites (including Fox), and have seen nothing of what you claim. Now I do not read social media, but I wouldn't trust anything there anyway.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)