Page 762 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 26266271275276076176276376477281286212621762 ... LastLast
Results 7,611 to 7,620 of 21026

Thread: Politics Thread

Politics Thread

I keep seeing how Trump blew it with his handling of the pandemic. What I haven’t seen is those on the Left saying what he should have done that would have saved everyone. Biden has said the no one would have died had Trump done his job, a claim CNN didn’t challenge (nice job there Anderson).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I keep seeing how Trump blew it with his handling of the pandemic. What I haven’t seen is those on the Left saying what he should have done that would have saved everyone. Biden has said the no one would have died had Trump done his job, a claim CNN didn’t challenge (nice job there Anderson).

oh i can already answer for you....A national response, testing, lockdowns, mask mandates blah blah blah....virus gonna do what a virus is going to do. There would probably be a little bit less on the death toll withe some kind of national response, I agree but blaming all 200k deaths on Trump is just ridiculous but yeah that's deranged trump haters for ya.

Cuomo doing what he did directly killed people.....maybe he should go to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

Okay, there is nothing he could have done that would have saved anyone. But, this has hit the United States harder than it has hit any other country. To say that there is nothing he could have done as a leader to do a better job of mitigating that actually speaks rather poorly of what you think of his leadership skills.

He could have not said that it was just going to disappear when he pretty much knew that it wouldn't.

He could have not said that there was testing available when he knew there wasn't.

He could have not falsely insinuated that a vaccine would soon be available when it was obvious that it wouldn't be.

He could have made it so states weren't made to feel like they were in a bidding war for aid and supplies.

Causing a panic would not have been the answer, but that almost assuredly would not have happened. Alarming people a little more was probably what actually needed to happen. His followers seemingly believe him to be infallible. Simply shooting straight and saying that while it was alarming there was no need to panic would have probably been enough to keep any of them from panicking. He didn't do that. Don't say it's a bigger deal than what it is, but don't say it's a smaller deal than what it is either. He clearly did the latter.

Oh, as far as Biden goes...A) he wasn't the president at the time, and B) he comes off as not knowing what day it is. So claiming that Biden wouldn't have done it any differently doesn't make me feel any better about how Trump handled it.
    Last edited by xubrew; 09-23-2020 at 11:56 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Would you have preferred he raised the alarm and caused a national panic?

Also, what would you have done differently? Most of the problems were caused by Leftist leadership at the state and local level.

Can’t wait for for dawn of the Conservative court for the next two generations. Haha! Winning!
    Was there a national panic after PEARL HARBOR? Nope. Americans followed the cue of it's leader and buckled down in unison to fix the problems. Went to work and got the job done. trump ignored the problem and presented NO solutions. Check back after the DEM sweep and everything changes.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Was there a national panic after PEARL HARBOR? Nope. Americans followed the cue of it's leader and buckled down in unison to fix the problems. Went to work and got the job done. trump ignored the problem and presented NO solutions. Check back after the DEM sweep and everything changes.
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Be safe around campus today everyone!

Supporting Member
    Hopefully this report is not true (YouTube took the video down):
    https://twitter.com/thelancpatriot/s...239408643?s=21
    If so, pray for Louisville (yes Chris Mack too).
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post

Causing a panic would not have been the answer, but that almost assuredly would not have happened. .
    So DJT wrongfully downplayed the threat and we got:

National food shortages
    Calamity in the small business sector
    Record unemployment
    PPE hoarding and price gouging
    Hospitals overwhelmed
    Ammo shortages
    Surging gun and alcohol sales
    Jesus...we ran out of toilet paper

Listen..I think he made some serious missteps and mistakes, but to say that a national panic would have most assuredly NOT happened is incredibly short-sighted if you simply look at the reaction to him slow-playing it.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    LOL. I saw what you did there.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Hopefully this report is not true (YouTube took the video down):
    https://twitter.com/thelancpatriot/s...239408643?s=21
    If so, pray for Louisville (yes Chris Mack too).
    I try to avoid this toilet of a thread as much as possible, but certain items and posts bring me back here once in a while.

There is nothing like a stupid FAR LEFT liberal, and I mean a truly stupid FAR LEFT liberal, having a "karma is a bitch" moment. If you scroll down in the link you shared, you'll find this idiot female at a stop light. She proceeds to get worked up about a MAGA demonstration that is taking place at that location. She starts shooting the bird at the demonstrators (always class, open-mindedness and understanding, those libtards). She then cranks up some more and hangs out her window, yelling and offering dual birds.

The light apparently changes and her car starts rolling forward, but the traffic stalls for a moment while she otherwise accelerates into the back of the now stopped vehicle in front of her - she's looking at the demonstrators, not the road, and she is fully hanging out the window at this moment, still flipping dual birds at the crowd). BOOM! Crash! Pow! Batman.

Then, only making it better, it turns out that there was a police car directly behind her. Poor little POS. Enjoy your ticket and increased insurance rates.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1308444868595912705
    X A V I E R