Page 738 of 2118 FirstFirst ... 23863868872873673773873974074878883812381738 ... LastLast
Results 7,371 to 7,380 of 21173

Thread: Politics Thread

Wait...John Kerry's on the ballot?

Also, Kerry in his testimony:
    cited an investigation that resulted in over 150 honorably discharged veterans testifying to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia.
    However, since Kerry served in Vietnam and was wounded and decorated, he probably is a loser and sucker.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    There are numerous stories of how Trump has been nothing but gracious and sympathetic towards the families of fallen soldiers. This story is a hit piece 60 days out from an election. You really think we wouldn't have heard about this sooner had he really said these things?

On the other hand, John Kerry DID call American soldiers and military leaders war criminals and accused them of genocide during Vietnam.
    If we’re being intellectually honest, gotta believe everyone on here knows exactly why the story and Cohen’s book is coming out now. I agree with Trump being great with the troops in a lot of different ways. This is why I have my BS antenna up on this whole story. BTW, thanks for sharing The Intercept story because that was interesting on how the press confirms (or lack there of) their sources.

Well this is an interesting twist: Trump is leading Biden among Latinos in Miami-Dade. That may allow Trump to avoid getting blown out there, and if he does that he probably wins Florida. Cuban-Americans favor Trump by a 38 point margin.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...245495835.html

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It HASN'T been corroborated. There have been multiple people come out ON THE RECORD to say he never said those things. Those people were with him the entire day.

The ONLY ones saying he DID say those things are anonymous sources.

https://theintercept.com/2020/09/05/...-its-opposite/

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...e_scandal.html

https://www.redstate.com/bradslager/...ming-festival/

Jeffrey Goldberg, who wrote the article for The Atlantic is a HUGE Hillary Clinton guy, and The Atlantic is a left-wing rag.

https://twitter.com/JaBogen/status/1301930818256941056

Serious question...

Why doesn't Trump sue them?

My only frame of reference is sports media, which I know isn't at all the same, but just talking to the people that work in that industry will make you realize that you better be right. You need multiple sources. Unnamed sources are okay, but they better be real because if there is any real pushback then you better be able to legally stand your ground. Retractions for getting a story wrong will oftentimes cost a reporter their job and sometimes their career, and if something goes to air or print that isn't true, the target of that story will almost always take legal action to get the story retracted or removed.

So, why doesn't Trump go after them? He's obviously being damaged by this, and he's obviously no stranger to litigation, and he obviously has the resources to go after them and make them take it down. So, why doesn't he?? Calling something Fake News is one thing. Actually going after them over fake stories and making them retract them while implementing stiff penalties is another. If he really feels the media is out of control, then why doesn't he take them on in a way that would actually make them stop being fake?

Another question....if the media is correct, then why aren't they calling him out more brazenly?? When ESPN reported on some of the college basketball stuff and the coaches denied it, their response was "No, it's true. We are leaving the stories up. Not only that, we dare you to sue us because if you do we can prove in court that it's true!"

I honestly don't know who to believe or what to think. Sports, in the grand scheme of things, are really just a diversion and nothing more. I don't want to say they aren't important, but they're not important on the same level that political leaders are. If the media really is making things like this up about him, then in my opinion Trump has a duty not just to himself, but to EVERYONE, to take real action against it beyond just denying it and tweeting about how it's 'fake news.' On the other hand, if Trump really is lying about it and the media knows they can prove it in court, then they kind of have a duty to pointedly say that.

But, right now, it looks like a total shit show on both ends.
    Last edited by xubrew; 09-08-2020 at 09:40 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Serious question...

Why doesn't Trump sue them?
    Do you really want the defense to grill Kelly under oath?
    2023 Sweet 16

Too busy with lawsuits to overturn the ACA and stop mail-in voting?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Do you really want the defense to grill Kelly under oath?
    It probably wouldn't even get to that point, but if it did, then sure! I want an all out showdown. Both the media and the presidency are too important for this much bullshit, so I'd love for it to all come to a head.
    Last edited by xubrew; 09-08-2020 at 09:57 AM.

I hope he does sue. Kelly and others would have to testify.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Too busy with lawsuits to overturn the ACA and stop mail-in voting?
    Exactly. To your point, the guy is not afraid to use the courts. So, why doesn't he use them to go after the media if they really are as fake as he says they are??

That question can be both rhetorical and practical.

Instead of worrying about anonymous sources and getting them on the stand, why not just sue Michael Cohen.

He's put it all in writing.

Or Mary Trump, or etc.,etc.,etc.