Page 667 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 16756761765766566666766866967771776711671667 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,670 of 21024

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    And now biden says we all need to wear masks outside for wait for it.....three months! Shocking that is his timeline. World has gone effing crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    To openly continue to support mail in voting in spite of evidence in New York and Virginia is also the antithesis of democracy.
    No, going to court to stop a state (Penn) from having vote drop boxes like Ohio is against democracy. Not an occasional mail problem.

Reminds me of the criticisms of the VA. Go into a couple of wars, generate a massive load on a medical system...and don't fund it.
    Voting is important (in my mind) in a democracy. Allocate the funds necessary (and the personnel) to do it right.
    Don't do things like pull sorting machines out of post offices.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Trump sez he will defund the Post Office to suppress the vote. He just lost my neighbors vote who I had to take to the Walgreens to get an emergency supply of medicine bcuz his prescriptions failed to come in the mail on time. First time in 20 years he said. WWII vet. 94 yrs. old.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    And now biden says we all need to wear masks outside for wait for it.....three months! Shocking that is his timeline. World has gone effing crazy.
    We should have all been wearing masks for the last 6 months. But our idiot president refuses to do so and he’s convinced half the idiots in our country that a global pandemic is fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowDownDBrown View Post
    We should have all been wearing masks for the last 6 months. But our idiot president refuses to do so and he’s convinced half the idiots in our country that a global pandemic is fake news.
    1) Trump is wearing a mask now.
    2) Please tell me how you would enforce a national mask mandate across all 50 states.
    3) Please tell me how you enforce a national mask mandate while also defunding police and asking for less police intervention.

And we don't think the virus is fake news, we simply choose not to live in fear after weighing the risks and rewards. Wearing a mask outside is stupid and goes against the "science" you all talk about so much.

Wearing a mask outside at Sturgis isn't so stupid. Trump is wearing a mask and now recommends it 6 months late after infections at the WH. So what is the big deal? We'll all be wearing them for the next 3 months anyway. We should have started in March. I've been wearing one on planes for a long time.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Please explain. This statement makes no sense to me.
    Here’s a rating of all members of Congress based on their voting record. Seems like an unbiased source. Rates Harris as the 2nd most liberal Senator, behind only Warren.

https://voteview.com/congress/senate

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by XU '11 View Post
    Here’s a rating of all members of Congress based on their voting record. Seems like an unbiased source. Rates Harris as the 2nd most liberal Senator, behind only Warren.

https://voteview.com/congress/senate
    I'll go with Wall Street on this one.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I'll go with Wall Street on this one.
    The WSJ article was focused on Harris’ position on financial market and business regulation. The Voteview site was all things considered.

So if we’re real lucky, someone will point out to Biden that he lost his marbles, then we’ll have another 2008 financial collapse along with defunded police. But it’s not Trump.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Wearing a mask outside at Sturgis isn't so stupid. Trump is wearing a mask and now recommends it 6 months late after infections at the WH. So what is the big deal? We'll all be wearing them for the next 3 months anyway. We should have started in March. I've been wearing one on planes for a long time.
    Saying we should all wear a mask outside for the next 3 months is what is stupid..wearing one inside a public place I'm all for it though I question its overall effectiveness.

1.) Timeline---gee I wonder if this is a political move? Hmm
    2 ) Wearing a mask outside without any context is bs and doesnt follow any science that you all love so much.