Page 636 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 13653658662663463563663763864668673611361636 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,360 of 21023

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I generally agree that we will probably not face any jail time for that, and that he should. Making a false complaint is a serious issue and can (and has) sometimes even gotten people killed. I do think he will (and probably has already) face significant repercussions professionally and financially, so his decision to make this whole scenario up will have a massive negative impact on him.

The thing that I find funny about this was that when I heard the original story I thought the same thing as Chappelle - it didn't add up. It was way too 'perfect' of a situation. I mean who is just walking around with a noose? The whole thing was bullshit from the beginning.

I think he may have been re-charged at some point, but I'm not exactly sure.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jussie...lleged_assault

What a cluster.......he ultimately served 16 hours of community service and forfeited his $10K bond. It cost the city well over 100K to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jussie...lleged_assault

What a cluster.......he ultimately served 16 hours of community service and forfeited his $10K bond. It cost the city well over 100K to investigate.
    It looks to me like the case may still be active. Here is the last quote from the wiki.

On February 11, 2020, after further investigation by a special prosecutor was completed, Smollett was indicted again by a Cook County grand jury on six counts pertaining to making four false police reports.[5][6] On June 12, 2020, a Judge struck down Smollett's claim that his February charge violated his right against double jeopardy.[7]
    Eat Donuts!

Unrelated to Jussie Smollett, it appears that the Supreme Court has ruled that the prosecutors do get access to Trump's tax returns. His response on twitter is what you might expect.

I think that this, and several other Supreme Court rulings, should calm some of the people who were freaking out about Gorsuch and Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. They do not seem to be doing Trump's bidding at all, and both seem to take the impartiality of the Court very seriously which is a very good thing.
    Eat Donuts!

Unrelated to Jussie Smollett, it appears that the Supreme Court has ruled that the prosecutors do get access to Trump's tax returns. His response on twitter is what you might expect.

I think that this, and several other Supreme Court rulings, should calm some of the people who were freaking out about Gorsuch and Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. They do not seem to be doing Trump's bidding at all, and both seem to take the impartiality of the Court very seriously which is a very good thing.
    When was the last time a Supreme Court judge appointed by a Democrat President sided with the "conservative" side of the court? It seems like it's always the conservative judges siding with the liberal judges on issues. I know there shouldn't be conservative and liberal judges, but we know how this works.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    When was the last time a Supreme Court judge appointed by a Democrat President sided with the "conservative" side of the court? It seems like it's always the conservative judges siding with the liberal judges on issues. I know there shouldn't be conservative and liberal judges, but we know how this works.
    2 liberals sided with the conservatives in the masterpiece cake shop decision, if you are talking about landmark decisions. Also the birth control decision this week was a 7-2 decision. Kagan sides with the conservatives on criminal issues quite often.

I think it was David French that had a great tweet thread that most justices aren’t “liberal” or “conservative” in the traditional sense but care more about their judicial ideology. I’ll see if I can find it.

edit: found it https://twitter.com/davidafrench/sta...628468737?s=21
    Last edited by STL_XUfan; 07-09-2020 at 05:44 PM.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    2 liberals sided with the conservatives in the masterpiece cake shop decision, if you are talking about landmark decisions. Also the birth control decision this week was a 7-2 decision. Kagan sides with the conservatives on criminal issues quite often.

I think it was David French that had a great tweet thread that most justices aren’t “liberal” or “conservative” in the traditional sense but care more about their judicial ideology. I’ll see if I can find it.

edit: found it https://twitter.com/davidafrench/sta...628468737?s=21
    The liberal justices do vote as a block more often than the conservative ones.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2028450001/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Know back in April, Joe Exotic had more searches than Joe Biden. Still like to search Biden but Exotic still comes up first. Not sure Exotic has more hits, but it’s interesting to see where our priorities may be in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Know back in April, Joe Exotic had more searches than Joe Biden. Still like to search Biden but Exotic still comes up first. Not sure Exotic has more hits, but it’s interesting to see where our priorities may be in this country.
    The Google algorithm is trying to hide Joe Biden just as much as hid advisors are. You think they want people finding stuff like this? Just what in the actual hell is Biden talking about? He's on a rapid mental decline...

https://twitter.com/AF632/status/1281112455393865729

Supporting Member
    I thought the choices in 2016 were bad, the 2020 choices make me want to vote for kanye.

So, will all of the Woke Outraged liberals who took Kavanaugh through the gauntlet over a totally fabricated charge apologize? Or will they ever give Trump credit for actually nominating fine legal minds to serve on the Highest Court in the Land?

I'll hang up and listen.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell