Page 573 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 7347352356357157257357457558362367310731573 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 21038

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Please come back with something else; some other explanation for your obsession with this case. If it's about justice, then you should be appalled at the conduct of a number of people on your side of the aisle.
    Those on the left definitely aren't appalled or in any way bothered by what occurred. In fact, the left applauds the conduct that was used. And that's because the conduct was used against a republican who worked in the Trump administration. Sad but true the double standards the left now lives by and their blatant disregard of civil liberties when it involves someone who "isn't one of their own".

Paul is too blinded by his political ideology to see how the US government trampled on the rights of General Flynn.

He NEVER should've been interviewed in the FIRST place. READ ABOUT IT!

They (FBI, CIA) found NOTHING nefarious about Flynn and Russia. They were going to close the case, until Comey decided not to, and sent over some FBI agents to the White House to question Flynn, without any legal representation present.

If Flynn thought they were coming over to get him to lie (like they were), he probably wouldn't have even talked to them, or he would have made damn sure he had lawyers present. They threatened to ruin him and his family.

There is so much wrong with this case. It should scare every American that values their rights that are guaranteed under the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Paul is too blinded by his political ideology to see how the US government trampled on the rights of General Flynn.

They (FBI, CIA) found NOTHING nefarious about Flynn and Russia. They were going to close the case, until Comey decided not to, and sent over some FBI agents to the White House to question Flynn, without any legal representation present.

If Flynn thought they were coming over to get him to lie (like they were), he probably wouldn't have even talked to them, or he would have made damn sure he had lawyers present. They threatened to ruin him and his family.

There is so much wrong with this case. It should scare every American that values their rights that are guaranteed under the Constitution.

Which is why I posted what I posted.

Turn it around. Imagine it happening to you.

Responsible people who care about this democracy would rise above politics to focus on resisting or stopping such behavior. It simply isn't "AMERICAN".
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I just find it interesting that you don't know anything about this. Not unexpected, but interesting. But it certainly proves my point that the media won't cover this story because it hurts democrats.

As for the WSJ, here's the story that ran last night:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-fly...ed-11589411876
    This is what Obamagate is?

What you came up with was an Op-Ed piece which I don't necessarily consider to be 'news'. Hence the creation of a different section called 'Opinion'. It's for things that are opinions, and not substantiated 'news'. If this was, as the Post seems to think, 'one of the biggest scandals in history' and was appropriately substantiated I would certainly expect WSJ to put it on the front page of the 'news' section of their website.

Listen, if there is credible evidence that Obama acted inappropriately then by all means it should be investigated. Just like the Trump campaign was investigated. Have at it. I haven't waded into the details around this one to have a fully formed opinion of the new details of the Flynn situation, and I'm going just going to spew partisan talking points.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post

And then the Democrats leaked it to the Washington Post.

Dash, I don't hate Flynn. I think that Barr is politicizing the DOJ for Trump. He did it for Bush/Reagan with Iran Contra.

Just ignore everything I say, and assume it's from someone is biased. OK?

With that premise in mind, you have to explain (if you read) the letter from 2300 former judges and DOJ personnel.
    Are they all some sort of left wing conspirators? I really hope you go back and read it.
    Take a minute and look at some of the presidents each of them served...decades of service across Dem and Repub presidents.
    You honestly believe each and everyone of those civil servants "hate" Flynn. I know you; you're a whole lot smarter than that.

As for the spending in the bills, you point out the Senate bills and their spending. I'll note to you the Senate is controlled by the Republican party, unless Mitch McConnell changed parties when I wasn't looking.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

You all do realize it was Bill Barr's justice department that took Flynn through his last set of guilty pleas don't you?
    Who stood before the judge and handled the facts and guilty pleas.
    Not Obama's Justice Department. But Trump's, headed by Barr.

Somehow that seems to escape the conspiracy theorists.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I just find it interesting that you don't know anything about this. Not unexpected, but interesting. But it certainly proves my point that the media won't cover this story because it hurts democrats.

As for the WSJ, here's the story that ran last night:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-fly...ed-11589411876
    And from the Journal today, another news piece which suggest among other things that such unmasking is neither unusual or political under these circumstances. Link: https://www.wsj.com/articles/more-th...s&page=1&pos=2.

I too read the WSJ daily, and I would argue that it's one of the best newspapers in the country even if I don't agree with most of their columnists.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    You all do realize it was Bill Barr's justice department that took Flynn through his last set of guilty pleas don't you?
    Who stood before the judge and handled the facts and guilty pleas.
    Not Obama's Justice Department. But Trump's, headed by Barr.

Somehow that seems to escape the conspiracy theorists.
    And do you realize that it was Bill Barr's Justice dept. that has gone to the court and said, "We (the previous prosecutors and agents who worked on this matter) purposely screwed up. We violated the law. We violated Flynn's rights. He never should have been charged in the first place. The law requires that this case be dismissed?"

I will also add, this all started under Obama's administration, and was continued via career holdovers from that administration.

But what you are really arguing is that if rogue prosecutors and rogue FBI agents violate the civil, criminal, and constitutional rights of a republican, those violations need to be ignored and the republican should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and this is true even if the prosecution says, "We want to drop the case since there is no case." When that happens we can just let the judge also become the prosecutor. And these rights? Those are only for democrats.
    Last edited by XU 87; 05-14-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Dash, I don't hate Flynn. I think that Barr is politicizing the DOJ for Trump. He did it for Bush/Reagan with Iran Contra.

Just ignore everything I say, and assume it's from someone is biased. OK?

With that premise in mind, you have to explain (if you read) the letter from 2300 former judges and DOJ personnel.
    Are they all some sort of left wing conspirators? I really hope you go back and read it.
    Take a minute and look at some of the presidents each of them served...decades of service across Dem and Repub presidents.
    You honestly believe each and everyone of those civil servants "hate" Flynn. I know you; you're a whole lot smarter than that.

As for the spending in the bills, you point out the Senate bills and their spending. I'll note to you the Senate is controlled by the Republican party, unless Mitch McConnell changed parties when I wasn't looking.
    You lost me at Barr politicizing the DOJ. In actuality, Barr is now digging into stuff that has a number of people on the Far Left tightening up. You want JUSTICE? We'll see if it is forthcoming now. The "former" DOJ personnel whom mostly worked for Lynch and Holder? You mean those people?

Do you believe the Republicans drafted and put forward the bullshit in the legislation, or did the Democrats do that? Do you believe the Republicans may have let it fly due to the fact that the Democrats were being obstinate and that action was otherwise desperately needed? We are talking about money for the f'ing Kennedy Center, as but one example, at a time when that was beyond ludicrous. The Republicans didn't put that in. Your folks put that in.

I've repeatedly told myself not to dive into this thread. It is as polarized and inane as the discourse in Washington.

I am stating here that I'm done, and I hope I remain that way.

You stay safe and well up the road.
    X A V I E R