Page 526 of 2117 FirstFirst ... 2642647651652452552652752853657662610261526 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 21169

Thread: Politics Thread

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Way to call the Americans people stupid. Trump won because Hillary was a garbage candidate, who somehow screwed up a huge advantage with a fawning media. Period.
    A majority of Republican voters apparently are. Link: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...estion-n627446
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    61,000 people died from the flu last year
    29,000 people have died from the flu this year
    12,000 people died in the US from the swine flu in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    A majority of Republican voters apparently are. Link: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...estion-n627446
    Finding a story from partisan NBC that is almost 4 years old. Try again.
    Had zero to do with Trump being elected.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Finding a story from partisan NBC that is almost 4 years old. Try again.
    Had zero to do with Trump being elected.
    Source? On what basis do you make this claim? And nice touch, dismissing any story that doesn't fit your own personal narrative...without evidence. Kind of the way your hero in the WH does.

Why does the date of the survey, shortly before the 2016 election and therefore making it very relevant to whether such a fake narrative pushed by Trump impacted his election, negate its relevance? But if the date worries you, here's a more recent source (of the many sources out there, I might add): https://www.salon.com/2017/12/11/the...born-in-kenya/
    Last edited by X-man; 03-07-2020 at 02:29 PM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Joesph Goebbels
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Source? On what basis do you make this claim? And nice touch, dismissing any story that doesn't fit your own personal narrative...without evidence. Kind of the way your hero in the WH does.

Why does the date of the survey, shortly before the 2016 election and therefore making it very relevant to whether such a fake narrative pushed by Trump impacted his election, negate its relevance? But if the date worries you, here's a more recent source (of the many sources out there, I might add): https://www.salon.com/2017/12/11/the...born-in-kenya/
    Nobody gave an iish about that.
    And Salon is about as left as you can get other than Vox or Huffington.
    Hilary sucked and lost. Move on.

Question: do you consider yourself a fiscal conservative? I would guess not but maybe I’m wrong.

I'm not arguing that Hillary was a good (or bad) candidate although I agree that she ran a miserable campaign. What I am arguing is that your claim that Trump's birther lies played a role to the extent that people actually believed his "alternative facts". So far, your entire defense is that the sources reporting the polling (are the polling firms also part of the "deep state" in your delusions?) are left wing media, and therefore whatever they report must be untrue. Your position is BS, and you know it.

I'm not arguing that Hillary was a good (or bad) candidate although I agree that she ran a miserable campaign. What I am arguing is that your claim that Trump's birther lies played a role to the extent that people actually believed his "alternative facts". So far, your entire defense is that the sources reporting the polling (are the polling firms also part of the "deep state" in your delusions?) are left wing media, and therefore whatever they report must be untrue. Your position is BS, and you know it.
    Dude, I never claimed a thing about “Birther”. Someone (You?) Claimed that this Birther thing had a major effect on the election and I said it did not. All I’ve said is that Hilary was a trash candidate and the American people saw that and did not elect her. That’s all.
    Check the thread

Oil opened down 30%. A barrel is now $30. This is more than coronavirus.