Page 518 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 1841846850851651751851952052856861810181518 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 20841

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    The St. Louis Fed's "fred" database has the growth rate at 2.1% for real GDP in Q4, 2019. Here's the link: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/A191RL1Q225SBEA
    That's a great example of why people should check stuff out for themselves.
    The White House talking points said:
    Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
    Now, maybe they have their own calculation for economic growth. A lot of people look to the GDP.
    Here's the last year. One quarter slightly over 3%. Never hits 4% and has been flat lined around 2% for a three quarters.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/A191RL1Q225SBEA

So how do you get 4.2% out of that to put on the official White House page of accomplishments?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Dash, just a little perspective.

You can go through that list you posted and find all sorts off discrepancies.
    Taking credit for signing the VA Choice Act for example...actually signed by Obama.
    Or take your comments about the state of the union address. The little girl had already left her earlier school, and was in a charter school where she didn't need any scholarship. It was all for show. Sometimes you just have to get behind whichever opinion articles you are reading.

You are right that we need better working relationships on both sides of the isle. Unfortunately he keeps stoking the flames of division.
    Even Barr is apparently unhappy about his tweets and comments about the Justice Department. (although after Iran Contra I wouldn't trust Barr to do anything now but cover for Trump. He may just be playing to the media.)
    Paul, if you are going to accuse Trump of stoking the flames of division, then I would think you would be fair about it and acknowledge that the Democrat's leadership, Pelosi and Schumer, in particular, do the same and at the same damaging level.

It's true that both sides need better working relationships. It also is true that BOTH sides are screwing the pooch in that category right now.

As for the list, while there may be things that are disputable, it seems clear that Trump is working ON BEHALF OF the United States, not against it, and that his overall body of work is very solid.
    X A V I E R

Diversity ratings proposed by Dems for inclusion in the bank CAMEL scoring process. No, I’m not making that up.

Oh, I’m sure most Democrats are proud of the NEW WAY FORWARD ACT legislation. Unbelievable.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    DNC/Media machine running the "RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE" play on bernie now. it's a joke

What our intelligence services discover is a joke now? Boy are we in trouble.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    What our intelligence services discover is a joke now? Boy are we in trouble.
    Yes and yes. We are indeed in big trouble

The bigger problem IMO would be that our intelligence services would be leaking info to the media. That doesn't seem to intelligent. Just saying
    Balls of Steele!!

@johncardillo
    Friend of mine, a JAG lawyer, just made an interesting point about Russia/Sanders,

“Wait, I thought the protocol was to not brief the campaign and get an illegal warrant to surveil staffers?”

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    @johncardillo
    Friend of mine, a JAG lawyer, just made an interesting point about Russia/Sanders,

“Wait, I thought the protocol was to not brief the campaign and get an illegal warrant to surveil staffers?”
    Great point! Whatever Russia tried to do in our elections is dwarfed (understatement) by what we have done to ourselves by this meddling stuff. Yes serious, but Putin is laughing his ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    DNC/Media machine running the "RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE" play on bernie now. it's a joke
    What's your reasoning for trusting Russia more than the DNC or the Washington Post?