Page 517 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 1741746750751551651751851952756761710171517 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 21024

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    Economic growth was more like 2% in Q4 2019. People are being kicked off food stamps not lifted off because they are doing better, Just kicked off when they still need them. But it's a cute attempt at a positive spin.
    Show me data that supports your statement.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Show me data that supports your statement.
    You haven't presented any data.

Let me guess it comes from the White House.

Economic growth was more like 2% in Q4 2019. People are being kicked off food stamps not lifted off because they are doing better, Just kicked off when they still need them. But it's a cute attempt at a positive spin.
    Where are you seeing the 2% number and where are you seeing that people are getting 'kicked off' food stamps? Are they getting kicked off because they no longer qualify?
    Last edited by Smails; 02-13-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

You haven't presented any data.

Let me guess it comes from the White House.
    https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites...thly-12.19.pdf
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Where are you seeing the 2% number and where are you seeing that people are getting 'kicked off' food stamps? Are they getting kicked off because they no longer qualify?
    This is why UBI is/was attractive to me. Nothing to fight about. No program to verify eligibility for. Are you breathing? Here's a grand.

Political Reality TV or The Greatest running daily Sitcom ever.....You make the call.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    but please don't be concerned about Donald Trump being fit for the job:
    It's settled then.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I'd like Trump a lot more if he'd....

A) Stop lashing out on Twitter and in the media against other Americans, and for that matter anyone else. A good leader doesn't do that to the people they are supposed to be leading, even if he/she feels like they're being provoked. There are differences between being a good leader and a good manager, and he's not very good at being the former. What he's doing is divisive.

B) Understand and accept, and perhaps even welcome, the concept of checks and balances that our government is structured on, and try to work with the other two branches instead of seemingly trying to control them.
    C) Not committing treason would be nice too.
    Run the table.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    The St. Louis Fed's "fred" database has the growth rate at 2.1% for real GDP in Q4, 2019. Here's the link: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/A191RL1Q225SBEA
    Last edited by X-man; 02-13-2020 at 02:45 PM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Dash, just a little perspective.

You can go through that list you posted and find all sorts off discrepancies.
    Taking credit for signing the VA Choice Act for example...actually signed by Obama.
    Or take your comments about the state of the union address. The little girl had already left her earlier school, and was in a charter school where she didn't need any scholarship. It was all for show. Sometimes you just have to get behind whichever opinion articles you are reading.

You are right that we need better working relationships on both sides of the isle. Unfortunately he keeps stoking the flames of division.
    Even Barr is apparently unhappy about his tweets and comments about the Justice Department. (although after Iran Contra I wouldn't trust Barr to do anything now but cover for Trump. He may just be playing to the media.)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.