Page 51 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    That story is false and the media has run with it. The only guy "quoted" in that story has said that he was misquoted and what he really said isn't what is being reported.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/th...MBHZKE.twitter

And now New York magazine is question the NYT's story: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...=twitter_nymag
    That makes a little more sense. The initial article seemed to go out of it's way to paint Perry as almost comically aloof. I still think he is probably unqualified for that particular role, but at least he knows what role he is being nominated for.

It would be nice if the Media would respond to the criticisms being leveled against them by tightening up their journalistic standards rather than further relaxing them. If you are the NYT and you have Trump all over you for being 'crooked' it would seem that the absolute worst thing you could do would be to continuously get busted running misleading anti-Trump stories.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I'd say it's better than sending over Jimmy f*cking Carter
    Former President Jimmy Carter? Is that a serious statement, or tongue-in-cheek? Just the fact that he is a former President would (in my opinion at least) make him a far more logical individual to send over than a sperm-lucky real estate developer with no foreign policy experience. Political views notwithstanding he has plenty of foreign policy experience. Why don't we just send f*cking Omarosa over to Syria to fix that whole situation while we are at it.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Here are my thoughts on the middle east....they have been fighting for thousands upon thousands of years. What is funny is that this country believes that our intervention is going to permanently stop that fighting. It won't and it never will.

I'm joking here but our attitude toward the south side of Chicago and the Middle East should be about the same...build a wall or dome around it, and let them just kill each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Here are my thoughts on the middle east....they have been fighting for thousands upon thousands of years. What is funny is that this country believes that our intervention is going to permanently stop that fighting. It won't and it never will.
    Completely agree. Send over Kushner, or send over the most seasoned, experienced, savvy political operative in the country (whoever that may be). Results are likely to be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I'm joking here but our attitude toward the south side of Chicago and the Middle East should be about the same...build a wall or dome around it, and let them just kill each other.
    Something is wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Completely agree. Send over Kushner, or send over the most seasoned, experienced, savvy political operative in the country (whoever that may be). Results are likely to be similar.
    I don't disagree that they are not going to stop fighting no matter what we do. I'd rather we just stopped interjecting ourselves rather than sending over hilariously unqualified people to intervene as US envoys. In my mind the better thing to do is to pull back.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Something is wrong with you.
    Why? Do you have a better solution? South side of Chicago is so bad that police are scared to even take calls, and the ones that do are corrupt beyond belief. The Middle East has been fighting for thousands of years...why not just let them kill each other...they do it anyways without us telling them to do it. Our intervention in the grand scheme of things has done absolutely nothing to that region and it never will...yes there will be peace here and there for a year or so, and then they will start killing each other again. US has wasted trillions upon trillions of dollars on that region with no resolve.

Again I was kidding about the wall or dome, but really what solution do you impose? Does this country continue to spend trillions of dollars on an area of the world whose main focus is killing each other every day?
    Last edited by Xville; 01-19-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Not big on Perry or Sessions. They can't all be winners!
    Makes me wonder if Charlie Sheen is likely to receive a nomination for something.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Not big on Perry or Sessions. They can't all be winners!
    How about just one winner in the bunch?

No kidding, I just want one slam dunk and so far that has been nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    How about just one winner in the bunch?