Page 508 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 840845849850650750850951051855860810081508 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 21188

Thread: Politics Thread

If you're going to criticize one side's childish, petty, and divisive actions, but at the same time cheer those same types of actions when the other side does it, then you really are part of the problem. I'd rate the maturity level of both parties at about 7th grade right now.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    You were in the room!

What part of aid was held up for multiple countries, not just Ukraine don’t you get?

What part of the aid being released with no conditions and Ukraine taking no investigative action don’t you get?

I get it. You hate Trump. But you are highly likely to have five more years of him as he pursues actions and legislation that is favorable to the United States.
    This is why I wish that there were witnesses in the impeachment trial, as there is an outstanding question of fact.

I am actually ok with Sen. Alexander's position, the evidence shows that the action took place but that it does not rise to the level of removal from office. I do not agree with it, but I think it is a reasoned conclusion.

However on the Republican side we have positions ranging from he did it and he should be removed, he did it but it doesn't warrant removal, he did it but it wasn't illegal, and the President's own position that he didn't do it. All the while there are documents and witnesses that are being withheld that could get everyone on the same page and then make the call on 1) Did he do it 2) was it improper/illegal and 3) does it rise to the level of removal.

While I know this would never happen, I almost wish the senators had to answer the equivalent of jury interrogatories to flesh out the three questions I listed above.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    That’s my take, too. I think they added things up the first time and said “Shit! Bernie won in a landslide. We can’t let that out.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I lost my page on the populist playbook. Now that Bernie has either won Iowa or is second by a hair, what's the talking point? They tried to rig it against us but we were too strong? Pretty sure that's the one Trump used.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    How more obvious can Democrats illustrate that they truly hate America?!? For them to sit on their hands last night was a slap in the face to every red-blooded American. They are the dividers. Not Trump. Shame on them.

MAGA! KAG!
    There is no other way to look at it than as you describe it here. The optics for the Democrats are beyond bad.

Trump was right not to shake Pelosi's hand - - she allowed a sham impeachment process to move forward and she's a babbling idiot. It was also a clear statement about "we're moving forward on these initiatives with or without you."

But to be on camera and then rather dramatically rip up a State of the Union speech from that chair on national TV was less than a good idea.

All this against the backdrop of the Democrats cheating and blundering themselves in Iowa and today's crushing of a bogus impeachment attempt.
    X A V I E R

The optics for the Democrats are beyond bad.
    Yes, they are.

Trump was right not to shake Pelosi's hand
    No, he wasn't.

Again, people applauding the divisive actions of one side and condemning the divisive actions of the other side is a big part of the problem. They were both really childish. I mean seriously, where the hell are the grownups??

There have been times where I've been in situations that required me to shake hands with real dickbags. If I can do it, then surely the President can do it. It's pretty much a requirement when you consider some of the other foreign leaders he needs to associate with. I've also been snubbed before. Sometimes you just gotta walk away and let it go. It sucks that the vast majority of our leaders have the maturity of a bunch of 12 year olds, and it sucks worse that they seem to be dragging so many people right along with them. That is the exact opposite of leadership.
    Last edited by xubrew; 02-05-2020 at 11:07 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Yes, they are.

No, he wasn't.

Again, people applauding the divisive actions of one side and condemning the divisive actions of the other side is a big part of the problem. They were both really childish. I mean seriously, where the hell are the grownups??

There have been times where I've been in situations that required me to shake hands with real dickbags. If I can do it, then surely the President can do it. It's pretty much a requirement when you consider some of the other foreign leaders he needs to associate with. I've also been snubbed before. Sometimes you just gotta walk away and let it go. It sucks that the vast majority of our leaders have the maturity of a bunch of 12 year olds, and it sucks worse that they seem to be dragging so many people right along with them. That is the exact opposite of leadership.
    Can't argue with your logic and point.

But, she is a POS, so screw her.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    At the end of the day, the country has bigger problems than who shook who’s hand. Not a big deal at all

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    At the end of the day, the country has bigger problems than who shook who’s hand. Not a big deal at all
    You are right.

Worse yet for the Democrats, Trump did not shake Pence’s hand either. It is clear as day on the video of that opening sequence.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post

I really want to see someone emerge with enough character to rise above the pettiness we have seen the past several years on both sides of the aisle.

Don't be a dick. No one. No one be a dick to the other person. Shake the old lady's hand....don't respond by ripping up the speech like a child. It's beyond ridiculous. It really is.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    You are right.

Worse yet for the Democrats, Trump did not shake Pence’s hand either. It is clear as day on the video of that opening sequence.
    You know I’m not a Trump apologist, so no one take this that way, but I don’t know that it was an intentional snub - or a snub at all. He turned around and handed something to both Pence and her and didn’t seem to see her limply extended hand. Plus I was reading something today where she was talking about ripping up the speech and she didn’t mention a hand shake snub.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"