Page 467 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 3674174574654664674684694775175679671467 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 21024

Thread: Politics Thread

Trump out jacking up the bus this morning. Too crowded. Needs a lot more space under it.
    2023 Sweet 16

A reputation is being firmly made:

- - Chicken Schiff

- - Schiff Show

- - Bull Schiff

The boy already looks like a choking Tweety Bird. He almost single handedly is crumbling what is left of the Democratic Party. There is no "there" there in this ridiculous impeachment overthrow attempt, yet they continue to pursue this course. Yesterday could not have gone much worse for them than it did.

Trump is caustic, but he almost needs to be as he takes on the Swamp and the mainstream media. Though he doesn't deliver the polished image that other teleprompter empty suite politicians deliver, he is focused on delivering on his promises. In particular, the U.S. economy is hammering the Far Left's ability to mount a viable response against him.

As importantly, how we handle China from here will dictate how well the United States will fair in the balance of the century. Trump is the ONLY person who has been willing to go down the road we must go down with this unethical, immoral regime.

Enjoy your reading: https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/roger...Kq8b3m_TDmOsas
    X A V I E R

Dash, think you are correct in the need (which has existed for a while) to address the China situation.

As to Trump, it's pretty clear he did set up the conditions for Ukraine to fulfill if they wanted visit/money.

Whether that's impeachable/convict-able remains to be seen.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    china's influence is disturbing in that it seems like no one is willing to call them out in the slightest. the corruption seems to be pretty deep. i think biden said something like they're not a threat at all and I haven't heard any of the other candidates even mention them. troubling to say the least. dianne feinstein employed a chinese spy for 20 years and it barely made the news at all.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Dash, think you are correct in the need (which has existed for a while) to address the China situation.

As to Trump, it's pretty clear he did set up the conditions for Ukraine to fulfill if they wanted visit/money.

Whether that's impeachable/convict-able remains to be seen.
    Paul, As I understand it, especially from Volker’s testimony, the Ukrainians received the package without any “conditions” being met.

What I really don’t understand in all of this is why certain people here are not truly upset about the Bidens’ behavior in all this, partisan politics aside.
    Last edited by xudash; 11-20-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    X A V I E R

Dash,
    My understanding is that the aid to the Ukrainians was only released after the news of the conditions came out.
    But, if the Bidens need investigating, and there is possible wrongdoing, no credible evidence has emerged.
    What should have happened if there were credible suspicions is that the DOJ has a department for that, which coordinates with foreign governments if necessary. A formal request for assistance in an investigation could have been made.
    Instead we got all this about back channel Rudy nonsense.
    If they did something wrong, I for one have no problem with holding them accountable.
    Same goes for the President.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Dash,
    My understanding is that the aid to the Ukrainians was only released after the news of the conditions came out.
    But, if the Bidens need investigating, and there is possible wrongdoing, no credible evidence has emerged.
    What should have happened if there were credible suspicions is that the DOJ has a department for that, which coordinates with foreign governments if necessary. A formal request for assistance in an investigation could have been made.
    Instead we got all this about back channel Rudy nonsense.
    If they did something wrong, I for one have no problem with holding them accountable.
    Same goes for the President.
    Agreed.

Sondland: “Jordan pressing Sondland now, about why he did not include Trump's statement saying "I want nothing" from Ukraine in his opening statement.
    Sondland says he did not mean to omit that from his opener.”

If we are at a point of finding ways of removing a President because certain people don’t like or are threatened by him, using inane second hand testimony and opinion and perceptions (i.e. no hard evidence) we’re in trouble.

All these assholes need to govern and accomplish things that benefit the United States.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Paul, As I understand it, especially from Volker’s testimony, the Ukrainians received the package without any “conditions” being met.

What I really don’t understand in all of this is why certain people here are not truly upset about the Bidens’ behavior in all this, partisan politics aside.
    sondland testified that he believed there to be a quid pro quo, but he was never explicitly told and in fact the only communication he did receive was that there was to be no quid pro quo. and sondland himself is the guy who told bill taylor that the president had been clear that there he didn't want quid pro quo. can anyone explain why his testimony was anything other than harmful to the idea that the president was pressuring the ukrainians?

it doesn't help matters that he has changed his story a few times

Huh? "Was it a quid pro quo?" Sondland: The answer is YES. "Everyone was in the loop."
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Huh? "Was it a quid pro quo?" Sondland: The answer is YES. "Everyone was in the loop."
    Right, he said that's what he presumed. No one actually told him that was the case. In fact, he was explicitly told the opposite. His personal belief about the situation is kind of irrelevant