Page 449 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 3493994394474484494504514594995499491449 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Blooded-05 View Post
    I wasn’t commenting on the the offense itself (or potential offense, depending which side you’re on). I was commenting on the loophole that gets exposed if Trump is actually impeached over this.

The President is head of the Executive Branch of the government, whose literal job description is to enforce the laws of this nation. If a sitting President gets impeached over this, a precedent gets set that would essentially give complete diplomatic immunity to any future Presidential candidate.

Take Trump and Biden out of this and look at the bigger picture. It’s kinda scary. If Trump loses next year, all Mike Pence has to do is immediately announce his candidacy for 2024 and then go out and make as many shady business deals as possible. Who is going to stop him? Not the new head of the Executive Branch of the government.
    Trump did say they should look at Pence's discussions with Ukraine. Maybe they should to prevent this scenario.

Maybe they're concerned for our country?

Nah...that can't be it.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Maybe they think they are I just don’t care what 300 random intelligence bureaucrats think. People can scrounge together petitions like this for everything. There were an appalling number of law professors who petitioned against Kavanaugh despite basically all evidence pointing to his innocence. Just isn’t compelling when you know it’s bs

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Here's 300 national security professionals with an opinion:

https://nationalsecurityaction.org/n...ls-impeachment
    This does seem rather impressive. Unfortunately, after you do a little digging into who the National Security Action group is made of, you might have a different impression on the what this may mean.

The two chairs are Ben Rhodes and Jake Sullivan.

Rhodes: from 2009 to 2017, he was President Obama’s national security communications and speechwriter.

Jake Sullivan was the senior policy advisor for Hillary Clinton.

Some of Advisory Council’s are Barbara Boxer and Tom Daschle.

Also included is Samantha Power, the same Obama’s UN ambassador who was unmasking Trump’s campaign officials at high rates.

This by itself doesn’t mean the 300 national security professionals shouldn’t have an opinion. However, makes you wonder.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    This does seem rather impressive. Unfortunately, after you do a little digging into who the National Security Action group is made of, you might have a different impression on the what this may mean.

The two chairs are Ben Rhodes and Jake Sullivan.

Rhodes: from 2009 to 2017, he was President Obama’s national security communications and speechwriter.

Jake Sullivan was the senior policy advisor for Hillary Clinton.

Some of Advisory Council’s are Barbara Boxer and Tom Daschle.

Also included is Samantha Power, the same Obama’s UN ambassador who was unmasking Trump’s campaign officials at high rates.

This by itself doesn’t mean the 300 national security professionals shouldn’t have an opinion. However, makes you wonder.
    lol wow, what a joke

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    No partisan thinking here but trump is disgusting...
    ItÂ’s only partisan to someone who is partisan. Go back and look at my posts if you think IÂ’m partisan. I also think Biden, Clinton, W, and pretty much every politician is disgusting. TheyÂ’re crooked pieces of shit that care only about personal gain. They prioritize party over country. All Republicans and Democrats should be tried for treason.

Look, you can like TrumpÂ’s politics - hell I agree with the majority of what heÂ’s done. But you canÂ’t say heÂ’s anything but a disgusting piece of shit as a person. And getting back to the topic, his phone conversation with the Ukraine leader is a disgusting piece of shit move. The DemocratsÂ’ constant witch hunt to impeach him is a disgusting piece of shit move. None of these things help solve our countryÂ’s problems.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    ItÂ’s only partisan to someone who is partisan. Go back and look at my posts if you think IÂ’m partisan. I also think Biden, Clinton, W, and pretty much every politician is disgusting. TheyÂ’re crooked pieces of shit that care only about personal gain. They prioritize party over country. All Republicans and Democrats should be tried for treason.

Look, you can like TrumpÂ’s politics - hell I agree with the majority of what heÂ’s done. But you canÂ’t say heÂ’s anything but a disgusting piece of shit as a person. And getting back to the topic, his phone conversation with the Ukraine leader is a disgusting piece of shit move. The DemocratsÂ’ constant witch hunt to impeach him is a disgusting piece of shit move. None of these things help solve our countryÂ’s problems.
    so you think all these people should be tried for treason because they're such colossal pieces of shit, but you're upset that trump asked ukraine to look into biden's fairly overt corruption? how does that work? isn't he doing what you want?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    so you think all these people should be tried for treason because they're such colossal pieces of shit, but you're upset that trump asked ukraine to look into biden's fairly overt corruption? how does that work? isn't he doing what you want?
    so you think that I want partisan politics because I hate partisan politics? How does that work? Sheesh.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    so you think that I want partisan politics because I hate partisan politics? How does that work? Sheesh.
    again, it's ridiculous to associate the president investigating corruption with partisan politics. it's his job as executive. biden is not a presidential nominee and likely won't be. he's hardly a rival. even if he were, he isn't exempt from the law because he's running for president. so far all i know is that you want every politician to be tried for treason, so please let me know how you see that playing out. after you've successfully tried them all for treason, who will govern in their place? how will they govern? what will be their philosophy? will they also be tried for treason after a certain period of time?
    Last edited by scoscox; 09-28-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Not that I think anyone will pay attention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...9a0_story.html
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.