Page 427 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 3273774174254264274284294374775279271427 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 21026

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    A sitting United States senator from Oregon literally helped an illegal immigrant who is 8 1/2 months pregnant get across the border in order for her to take advantage of our healthcare system.

No words.
    To deny a human heartbeat is to deny science. To ignore it is heartless.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    To deny a human heartbeat is to deny science. To ignore it is heartless.
    Agree with your first sentence. Agree with your second sentence.

Now explain to me how it is acceptable for an elected official of the United States - a U.S. Senator - to knowingly break the law.

Explain to me why the Democrats continue to block constructive immigration reform policies.

Are you suggesting that the baby, and even perhaps the woman would have died had she not made her way into the U.S. healthcare system to deliver the baby?
    X A V I E R

Agree with your first sentence. Agree with your second sentence.

Now explain to me how it is acceptable for an elected official of the United States - a U.S. Senator - to knowingly break the law.

Explain to me why the Democrats continue to block constructive immigration reform policies.

Are you suggesting that the baby, and even perhaps the woman would have died had she not made her way into the U.S. healthcare system to deliver the baby?
    She was reportedly suffering from "preeclampsia and other complications". Medicine is not my field, but saying she required healthcare seems like a safe bet.

As to the law breaking, seems like officers let them through when he was there. If that's a crime charge him.

Ultimately though I can't see how this Senator assisting a pregnant woman, regardless of whether its just political theater, warrants your dramatic response of, "No words". There are plenty of decent hills to die on in this debate. The lack of reforms you mentioned is one of them. Assisting a pregnant woman is not.

She was reportedly suffering from "preeclampsia and other complications". Medicine is not my field, but saying she required healthcare seems like a safe bet.

As to the law breaking, seems like officers let them through when he was there. If that's a crime charge him.

Ultimately though I can't see how this Senator assisting a pregnant woman, regardless of whether its just political theater, warrants your dramatic response of, "No words". There are plenty of decent hills to die on in this debate. The lack of reforms you mentioned is one of them. Assisting a pregnant woman is not.
    How convenient for you. It's your opinion about what you see or don't see with the actions of this senator. This POS was grandstanding, pure and simple. He was travelling with them, waiting to see how they were handled at the 'gate'. The Left's agenda is to make this administration look bad at all costs. VICTIMS to the left and VICTIMS to the right. VICTIMS overcrowded in detention centers that are only full due to the victims themselves. I have liberal friends who have compared the detention centers to Nazi Concentration Camps. When they do that, I pull out my iPhone and bring up images of dead bodies stacked 10 feet high at Auschwitz. Then they shut-up and slither off to get a new fill of chablis.

I actually stand corrected: the law wasn't even technically broken. That's because the "law" for who can and cannot get in and under what circumstances now apparently reads like a User Manual for a garage door opener.

Does Trump care what is going on at the border? Absolutely. An excerpt from recent articles, relating to the CF at our southern border: President Donald Trump also weighed in, placing blame on Democrats. "I hate it," the President said, when asked about the image. "That father, who probably was this wonderful guy, with his daughter, things like this wouldn't happen," he said, before going on to blame the Democrats for "their asylum policy." - - statements were made after a father and daughter were found drowned in the Rio Grande, attempting to cross into the United States.

This administration has been overwhelmed by the crush of migrants arriving at the southern border. In May, nearly 133,000 migrants were arrested for crossing the border illegally, according to Customs and Border Protection data, including more than 11,000 unaccompanied children.

The NO WORDS comment was simple and direct and has a singular focus: it's about an imbecile who should be in his chair in Washington, D.C. working in a FUNCTIONING Congress to come to some resolution of this problem, instead of grandstanding for a controversial photo op he knew he could engineer by laying back and then springing to the aid of that woman.

We need a resolution that involves a humane solution coupled with protection of our sovereign border. We need for Congress to act WITH the administration to get this done. BUT the Far Left wants no part of that.
    X A V I E R

How dare you dash?!? How dare you? These politicians are going to the border to show their empathy and to experience real human emotion.

I mean, who doesn't get emotional at an empty road with a security guard?!?

How convenient for you. It's your opinion about what you see or don't see with the actions of this senator. This POS was grandstanding, pure and simple. He was travelling with them, waiting to see how they were handled at the 'gate'. The Left's agenda is to make this administration look bad at all costs. VICTIMS to the left and VICTIMS to the right. VICTIMS overcrowded in detention centers that are only full due to the victims themselves. I have liberal friends who have compared the detention centers to Nazi Concentration Camps. When they do that, I pull out my iPhone and bring up images of dead bodies stacked 10 feet high at Auschwitz. Then they shut-up and slither off to get a new fill of chablis.

I actually stand corrected: the law wasn't even technically broken. That's because the "law" for who can and cannot get in and under what circumstances now apparently reads like a User Manual for a garage door opener.

Does Trump care what is going on at the border? Absolutely. An excerpt from recent articles, relating to the CF at our southern border: President Donald Trump also weighed in, placing blame on Democrats. "I hate it," the President said, when asked about the image. "That father, who probably was this wonderful guy, with his daughter, things like this wouldn't happen," he said, before going on to blame the Democrats for "their asylum policy." - - statements were made after a father and daughter were found drowned in the Rio Grande, attempting to cross into the United States.

This administration has been overwhelmed by the crush of migrants arriving at the southern border. In May, nearly 133,000 migrants were arrested for crossing the border illegally, according to Customs and Border Protection data, including more than 11,000 unaccompanied children.

The NO WORDS comment was simple and direct and has a singular focus: it's about an imbecile who should be in his chair in Washington, D.C. working in a FUNCTIONING Congress to come to some resolution of this problem, instead of grandstanding for a controversial photo op he knew he could engineer by laying back and then springing to the aid of that woman.

We need a resolution that involves a humane solution coupled with protection of our sovereign border. We need for Congress to act WITH the administration to get this done. BUT the Far Left wants no part of that.
    You're arguing against a bunch of things I didn't say. I completely agree that the blame lies with Congress. I've said as much several times here. This has been a congressional failure for decades. For that reason I'd be less inclined to lay blame solely at the feet of the left, but they definitely deserve a large chunk. I still haven't seen an actual solution from either party.

Back to what I am saying, is grandstanding that helps a pregnant woman with complications get care really the problem here? Focusing on the AOC type of grandstanding Go just posted makes a lot more sense than seeming horrified a pregnant woman received medical attention.

You're arguing against a bunch of things I didn't say. I completely agree that the blame lies with Congress. I've said as much several times here. This has been a congressional failure for decades. For that reason I'd be less inclined to lay blame solely at the feet of the left, but they definitely deserve a large chunk. I still haven't seen an actual solution from either party.

Back to what I am saying, is grandstanding that helps a pregnant woman with complications get care really the problem here? Focusing on the AOC type of grandstanding Go just posted makes a lot more sense than seeming horrified a pregnant woman received medical attention.
    Yes. It has to stop at some point. These idiots, particularly on the left, have to begin prioritizing what is best for the United States. THEY ARE ELECTED OFFICIALS OF THE FREAKIN UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Yes, grandstanding at this point, in any form, by anyone in authority is a major problem and detriment to working towards a solution, because, unchecked, it will simply go on and on and on and on. One photo op after another.

You are comparing a sitting US Senator to AOC! The most purely accurate meme I've seen concerning AOC is the one with her as a Jeopardy contestant, playing against a sack of hammers leading with a positive cash balance, Forrest Gump in second, and her in negative numbers.

And don't attribute things that I didn't write to me: I'm not horrified that a pregnant woman received medical attention. I will tell you this: I am horrified that irresponsible people continue to bring new life into this world when they shouldn't, because they cannot afford to raise them properly, because they do not have the moral and ethical foundation to raise them properly, or both.
    X A V I E R

Yes. It has to stop at some point. These idiots, particularly on the left, have to begin prioritizing what is best for the United States. THEY ARE ELECTED OFFICIALS OF THE FREAKIN UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Yes, grandstanding at this point, in any form, by anyone in authority is a major problem and detriment to working towards a solution, because, unchecked, it will simply go on and on and on and on. One photo op after another.

You are comparing a sitting US Senator to AOC! The most purely accurate meme I've seen concerning AOC is the one with her as a Jeopardy contestant, playing against a sack of hammers leading with a positive cash balance, Forrest Gump in second, and her in negative numbers.

And don't attribute things that I didn't write to me: I'm not horrified that a pregnant woman received medical attention. I will tell you this: I am horrified that irresponsible people continue to bring new life into this world when they shouldn't, because they cannot afford to raise them properly, because they do not have the moral and ethical foundation to raise them properly, or both.
    I was wrong to say you're horrified. I should have said you seem horrified. Oh wait I did.

I was wrong to say you're horrified. I should have said you seem horrified. Oh wait I did.
    SAY. SEEM. You were wrong either way.
    X A V I E R