Page 423 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 3233734134214224234244254334735239231423 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Prediction: This sick fucker Epstein's fall is going to become an enormous political scandal that ruins many Democrats and Republicans alike. Acosta is probably the first to fall, but I suspect his actions will be among the least bad of those who ultimately go down.
    I think you're right. I'm really interested to see what role his asset management business played. The guy made a crap ton of money but no one knows how or can back his performance/skill. I've seen some theories that he got people involved with underage girls and then bribed them into investing. That seems like a bit of fiction, but something terrible is there for sure.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I think you're right. I'm really interested to see what role his asset management business played. The guy made a crap ton of money but no one knows how or can back his performance/skill. I've seen some theories that he got people involved with underage girls and then bribed them into investing. That seems like a bit of fiction, but something terrible is there for sure.
    There is enough red meat here on both sides of the aisle that conspiracy theorist are going to have a field day.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

You've got to admit it would be a certain kind of hilarious if establishment politicians all over the left and right get tangled up in this and are disgraced....and Donald Trump comes out of it clean as a whistle.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    You've got to admit it would be a certain kind of hilarious if establishment politicians all over the left and right get tangled up in this and are disgraced....and Donald Trump comes out of it clean as a whistle.
    Except you know in his gloating tweet he would inadvertently implicate himself. "Crooked & Depraved Democrats don't even know how to cover up their scandals. SAD! Your favorite president would never be so dumb as to leave behind incriminating evidence. #AlwaysPayInCash"
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

I can’t stand identity politics. Unfortunately the Democrats may be using it on their own. Nice to hear Trump stick up for Pelosi and say she’s not a racist even tho she said Trump is trying to make America white again a few days ago. Never thought I would hear Trump being the better person in the room. Refreshing

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    I canÂ’t stand identity politics. Unfortunately the Democrats may be using it on their own. Nice to hear Trump stick up for Pelosi and say sheÂ’s not a racist even tho she said Trump is trying to make America white again a few days ago. Never thought I would hear Trump being the better person in the room. Refreshing
    The “racist” accusation is thrown around so much anymore it’s become like “communist” in the 1950’s. Frankly it means nothing, and reflects much more on the person saying it.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    The “racist” accusation is thrown around so much anymore it’s become like “communist” in the 1950’s. Frankly it means nothing, and reflects much more on the person saying it.
    Agreed. It seems that whenever you disagree with a minority, the racist label comes out, instead of taking a critical look at the positions being espoused. In this case, Pelosi’s criticism of AOC and the other three (did I read that they’re calling themselves The Squad?) has nothing to do with their race or gender. Their positions are not helping their Party, but they can’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Agreed. It seems that whenever you disagree with a minority, the racist label comes out, instead of taking a critical look at the positions being espoused. In this case, Pelosi’s criticism of AOC and the other three (did I read that they’re calling themselves The Squad?) has nothing to do with their race or gender. Their positions are not helping their Party, but they can’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They're eating their own. It's hilarious.

https://twitter.com/HouseDemocrats/s...56308801286148

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    They're eating their own. It's hilarious.

https://twitter.com/HouseDemocrats/s...56308801286148
    "I don't think people have to be personally racist to enable a racist system."

What does that even mean?

She's racist by default no matter what she does or says simply by working in a "racist system"?

The comments turn to "tearing families apart" at the border. [nothing to see here - oh look - here's something shiny]

That could be used as an excuse for anyone with a similar accusation levied against them.

I also love how they refer to illegal immigrants as simply immigrants or migrants or 'foreign born'. I have never yest seen a main stream media outlet use the work illegal or refer to the ADDITIONAL crimes that are committed, such as child/human trafficking, drugs, assaults, theft, rape and murder.

I did hear one, to their credit, admit that Trump has deported far less than the last four presidents. Of course, they said it as a negative in that Trump was not fulfilling his campaign promise. Much of this fall to the immigration policy that congress refuses to do anything about except complain, vilify, assign blame and volatile rhetoric. They might trot out an individual situation - who only wants a part of the American dream and to live in peace, without fear and take care of their family. Then it's "My grandmother was an immigrant" or "We should all be deported since we are all immigrants." "This is America and we don't tear apart families" (which, in fact, we do when we sent CRIMINALS to jail/prison).

Again, the word "ILLEGAL" rarely, if ever, enters the conversation.

I would ask anyone who complains about the situation - which is horrific - and ask, "What is your solution?"
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    "I don't think people have to be personally racist to enable a racist system."

What does that even mean?

She's racist by default no matter what she does or says simply by working in a "racist system"?

The comments turn to "tearing families apart" at the border. [nothing to see here - oh look - here's something shiny]

That could be used as an excuse for anyone with a similar accusation levied against them.

I also love how they refer to illegal immigrants as simply immigrants or migrants or 'foreign born'. I have never yest seen a main stream media outlet use the work illegal or refer to the ADDITIONAL crimes that are committed, such as child/human trafficking, drugs, assaults, theft, rape and murder.

I did hear one, to their credit, admit that Trump has deported far less than the last four presidents. Of course, they said it as a negative in that Trump was not fulfilling his campaign promise. Much of this fall to the immigration policy that congress refuses to do anything about except complain, vilify, assign blame and volatile rhetoric. They might trot out an individual situation - who only wants a part of the American dream and to live in peace, without fear and take care of their family. Then it's "My grandmother was an immigrant" or "We should all be deported since we are all immigrants." "This is America and we don't tear apart families" (which, in fact, we do when we sent CRIMINALS to jail/prison).

Again, the word "ILLEGAL" rarely, if ever, enters the conversation.

I would ask anyone who complains about the situation - which is horrific - and ask, "What is your solution?"
    They want to let them all in. Give them everything, and basically buy votes.