Page 419 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 3193694094174184194204214294695199191419 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 21031

Thread: Politics Thread

But they will make a decided pivot right once they are nominated, claiming to be more centrist, having secured the base, who will have little choice but to vote for them.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    It is simply amazing to me that anyone would vote for these people.

Free education----who is going to pay for this and how? I have to pay for rich kids to go to college? Can't Aunt Becky take care of this for me?
    Medicare for all----many on medicare have to have supplemental insurance. This is not a great program to point to in order to "fix" the problem. You want a bunch of hospitals and doctor's offices to close, go to this plan.
    Healthcare to Illegals-----holy F$&k
    Kill babies

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    It is simply amazing to me that anyone would vote for these people.

Free education----who is going to pay for this and how? I have to pay for rich kids to go to college? Can't Aunt Becky take care of this for me?
    Medicare for all----many on medicare have to have supplemental insurance. This is not a great program to point to in order to "fix" the problem. You want a bunch of hospitals and doctor's offices to close, go to this plan.
    Healthcare to Illegals-----holy F$&k
    Kill babies
    Thanks for the laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If they think Medicare is so great, I think they should write legislation to allow members of Congress to permanently opt in to that and out of the top of the line coverage they have now. I have a funny feeling they’d never give up what they have. Bernie might, but not the rest of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I haven’t watched either one, but the snippets I’ve heard and read make me tend to agree with you. The majority of the candidates seem to be trying to “out Liberal” each other pandering to their base to get the nomination. I just don’t see that playing well outside of the coasts and a few other states. Decriminalizing illegality entering the country, forgiving student loans, “free” college, “free” healthcare, etc., make for great sound bites, but just aren’t realistic.

I didn't watch but my understanding at least one but maybe more advocated raising taxes on the middle class. That will play well.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I didn't watch but my understanding at least one but maybe more advocated raising taxes on the middle class. That will play well.
    That was Bernie who was pushed into saying he would. Think he’s toast at this point because others have taken his positions and know how say it with a smile on their face or more empathetic. Think they’re playing into Trumps hand by talking about immigration especially with free healthcare for illegals. Talk about an incentive to come here illegally. If break our laws, will reward you.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    That was Bernie who was pushed into saying he would. Think he’s toast at this point because others have taken his positions and know how say it with a smile on their face or more empathetic. Think they’re playing into Trumps hand by talking about immigration especially with free healthcare for illegals. Talk about an incentive to come here illegally. If break our laws, will reward you.
    To clarify, those who believe in medicare-for-all/single payer believe we should cover and pay for undocumented migrants. Those who believe in the obamacare route support undocumented migrants being able to pay for it through the system.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    But they will make a decided pivot right once they are nominated, claiming to be more centrist, having secured the base, who will have little choice but to vote for them.
    they have to. half the things said in these debates is just insane. it is difficult to watch them for longer than a few minutes. they're just a complete trainwreck

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    they have to. half the things said in these debates is just insane. it is difficult to watch them for longer than a few minutes. they're just a complete trainwreck
    That will just make it easier for Trump to bring up all the sound bites of what they’re saying now and pointing out all the giveaways and tax hikes needed to pay for them, the soft board security, etc. Those things might sound fine in NY and CA, but won’t play well in flyover country.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    It is amazing how out of touch with reality politicians have become. I feel it was different back in the 80s and 90s, but maybe I was naive to it...either that or it is just more apparent now due to the 24 hour news cycle.